Discussion Starter #1
About 8-12 months past, someone posted
a great rust remover product...
Wondering if anyone can direct me to that
posting/product? :nerd:

·
Administrator
22,068 Posts
That stuff Jay Leno uses is probably what you saw. Frank used it on several parts on his '84 and it worked pretty well. Maybe if you PM him (Pegasus) he'll tell you what it's called and where to get some.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Like vinegar but part must be submerged.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Be very wary of the Quick-Glo. I jumped on that ship and it sank quickly. I now have fine scratches all over my chrome! I did use it on the aluminum rims and it worked well, but stay away from shiny stuff. I’m glad I didn’t use it on my mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Be very wary of the Quick-Glo. I jumped on that ship and it sank quickly. I now have fine scratches all over my chrome! I did use it on the aluminum rims and it worked well, but stay away from shiny stuff. I’m glad I didn’t use it on my mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep at first glance going to your nearest volcano, getting some lava (You may want to let it cool first):surprise:, grinding it up and using it as a polish seems like a great idea.:grin3:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rust remover

I think this is what you remember seeing, you will need the smallest size container I am sure.

http://strongarmsprays.com/
The USA fluid is what i am look'n for.. i have a big-big job to do removing rust on my rv propane tank..... thank's each :wink2:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Vinegar will do that and it’s cheap,let is set a week and rinse and paint fast or it will rust again.
Or sandblast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.