Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The outer shell near the end of the of the exhaust on my GL1200 has rusted through.

Does anyone know of a way to get around buying new exhaust? I priced new and the cost is out of sight. TheHonda priceis $700.00. :11red:

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
imported post

Check the refrence/FAQ section, There is a thread there about using harley mufflers on 1000 and 1100s with lots of info and pics. I would think something simular would work for the 1200.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

One Harley dealer told they threw away brand new 1200 sportster mufflers because so many people wanted loud ones put on when they bought a new bike.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Maybe a 1200 parts bike would be a good investment, if you plan on keeping the bike.

If the mufflers are shot, you'll need other parts soon enough. rotors, carbs, etc., etc.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Try contacting Crescent Moon Cycles and tell them what you need. They have some good stuff.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Old Fart wrote:
The outer shell near the end of the of the exhaust on my GL1200 has rusted through.

Does anyone know of a way to get around buying new exhaust? I priced new and the cost is out of sight. TheHonda priceis $700.00. :11red:
Hi Old Fart,

I have an exhaust in good shape off a parts bike I bought that I might be willing to make some kind of deal on. They were as quite as any I've heard on the bike prior to dimanteling it. Not sure what shipping from southern indiana would be to colorado though. I'm in no rush to get rid of them but would sell at decent price to a member here. Just shoot me a pm and maybe we can work something out.

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

I’m going to try the stock HD pipes on my 1100rat bike

Picked up a new set of stock HD pipes for $30 off Craigs list :baffled:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.