Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was at the gas station and saw a RVP sticker on the pumps. The manager Didn't know what it mean't and sent me this e-mail

RVP stands for Reid vapor pressure. You can learn more about this by going to the web site---- www.epa.gov/oms/volatility.htm

This is basically summer gas in order to reduce ozone emissions. This gas is used from June 1 to September 15 every year according to the EPA.

Does anyone know what is used to create the summer gas?

I read enough to know there isRVP and TVP. My bike has been running rough for awhile now and I was curious if it was this 'summer gas' To me you reduce the vapors you're gonna reduce performance.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

lol what next summer to winter air in the tires jeez them gas companies think of everything

ive not seen any stickers like that on any of the stations i normally fuel up at

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

Every late Spring, there's a little spike in the Gas price. WGN (in Chicago) says it is because of the "Summer Blend". FUNNY, come Fall, there NEVER seams to be a drop in price when the "Summer Blend" is done. Can you say "PRICE GOUGING" ?:lash:

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Well this manager made it sound like it was EPA mandated, so that would mean every station would have to be doing it. This one station in my town was the only one that had the sticker (Mr. Lucky here had to fill up there).

I just read wikipedia version on RVP. This link I included had the word EPA in it so I know it was written for nobody to understand. I try not to venture on to any Govt. sites unless i'm :blackstuff:.....then I just think I understand what I read....:ROFL:...

What's the difference with communist countries that don't tell you **** or our country that tell you **** you can't understand.....thin line there.

Hey they do have nitrogen to put in the tires as an option so don't laugh.

Al

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
imported post

I read somewhere now there are 27 different blends of gas. I depends on where you live in the USA.
Since the EPA clowns have full control of what is used where.
Have dealt with EPA some time ago, all reminded me of of 1960 hippies and how we are ruining the planet.
Now that said I do enjoy clean air, water but I have a limit now its carbon foot print. What new reg will they come up with next? I grew up drinking water from a hose, riding without seat belts, getting sun burn once and awhile. I'm still here
Sorry for the rant.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

I grew up drinking water from a hose, riding without seat belts, getting sun burn once and awhile. I'm still here
I'm sure you grew up when it was completely okay to give a kid a swat when he deserved it without the fear of DCFS knocking on your door. Time change & sometimes not for the better.:?

The more the Gov. sticks their nose into evrything, the worst we get.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Bvanemon wrote:
I grew up drinking water from a hose, riding without seat belts, getting sun burn once and awhile. I'm still here
Sorry for the rant.
So did I, and if I talked back to my neighbor I got back handed, and when I ran home and told my mother I got back handed again for doing something disrespectful to my neighbor......

And oh yea.... I said the pledge of allegiance to the flag EVERY DAY in school and when something bad happened we prayed. When I was a kid, we even included Christ in Christmas..... isn't that what it's all about?.........

And Im still here, and a better Man, Husband and Father for it!

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Those were great times but if you think, it'sour generation that allowed alot ofthese changesto happen.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

The hippies of the 60's now are the ones running the show in DC and the state capitals.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
imported post

Sorry to disagree not our generation but the clowns in Washington.
They seem to want to have it all and the cake. It is easier to take away from Medicare, Medicaid, from Soc/Sec than for them to lose anything.
I never back talked to my parents period.
Or anyone for that matter. Or I'd catch it when I got home. The way some have raised there kids no wonder things are this way.
Being PC is the norm. It is funny we don't have grandkids, but we borrow our neighbors kids they talk back to there parents and just ignore them but when we watch them I never hear that. I'm not mean or grumpy I just won't tolerate back talk and they know that. I waiting for the day when they are old enough I can take them for a ride on the wing, it would mean the world to me.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Arguing this stuff never turns out good. Everyone has their own opinions on who's to blame for what. I just know I stick to 200 mile rides because of the cost of everything, fuel and even motel bills. Now I see they're making even more profits by what I gottaview as watering down the already overpriced gas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.