Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Living out in the country has it's drawbacks. I put the Wing (brand new in Feb. 05), along with 2 other bikes, in the garage asIwas going to be away for 3 weeks. When I returned I found stuff all over the floor and small poop everywhere. A pack ratdecided my garage would make a good home. I looked at thebikes and to my horror the damrodent had chewed up the Goldwing. The passenger hand rails, passenger armrest (above rear speakers), 1/2 inchof the piping on the seat andthe wire for the front headset were chewed up. What really pee'd me off was the little SOB didn't touch the other bikes. :X:X:X

I'm now going to have to take the fairings off to check the bike top to bottom, the fuel and brake lines as well as all the wiring. I guess the upside is the chewed up parts are easily replaced andI can live with the slight damage to the piping on the seat.

Steve

P.S. Last night I set a trap for the little bast*#d and checked it this morning. The trap is gone and Idon't see the rodent. Looks like it's going to be "Round 2". I'm starting tofeel like Bill Murray in Caddy Shack. Maybe I should just blow up the garage... too bad it's attached to the house. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Well at least the little rat had good taste!! :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Must be that new-bike-smell! Hope insurance covers it.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Man that sux big time:shock:

But the rat had goodtaste:cool: Did he eat the deer whistles?:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Well it might sound cruel but if your dogs can't get to it put out some Dog food with some "Anti Freeze" in it and your problem is solved! That's what a guy I know did because a rodent chewed up thousands of $ in ihis new Motor Home!

I'm sure "Peta" will be upset with this method!

But a $17000 Wing is worth more than 2 Rats!:baffled:

Hope "Ruaidh's" Wife (Rodent)doesn't read this!:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I saw a shirt with the PETA logo on it:

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

I found the nest but no sign of the rodent. The trap must of caught it's leg and it took off out in a field to DIE. Funny thing is I don't feel bad. If the PETA people fix my Wing I promise I won't use these traps anymore.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Your insurance should cover the damage if you have a rodent rider on your policy.

I had a raccoon get into my boat looking to build a nest for its impending babies. The darn thing actually caused over $15,000. in damages. It chewed every upholstered section of the boat including the interior ceiling material, then had its babies on the queen sized bed in the aft cabin.

Funniest part was that it actually removed the cabin door lock, which was just hung over the hasp, and then turned the mechanism on the cabin doors to gain entry. What wasn't funny was trying to get it and its babiesoff the boat so that I could try and get the insurance adjuster inside to survey the damage. Insurance paid in full for all the damage.

Hope your story ends as nicely.

Vic

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
imported post

I'm a proud member of that organization

XCLR8N wrote:
I saw a shirt with the PETA logo on it:

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

I found the nest but no sign of the rodent. The trap must of caught it's leg and it took off out in a field to DIE. Funny thing is I don't feel bad. If the PETA people fix my Wing I promise I won't use these traps anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.