Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Upon removing my heads off my GL1200 I needed new gaskets. I searched through the internet because the Honda OEM ones are quite expensive. I found Saber cycle, I navigated though there website, picked GL1200 head gaskets. I found it odd that towards the end of check out it just showed the part number and not a description but thought nothing of it and checked out.

Couple days later gaskets came in began installation, got it all buttoned up and turned the motor by hand and at 180 degrees the engine got stuck. Hmmm, spent hours figuring out finally that the gaskets were wrong. Looked at the reciept and sure enough GL1000 gaskets, ugh :wtf:

Contacted them and they told me they did have an issue with the descriptionsshowing up on there websitewhenthey switched to a "smart phone friendly" page.So I paid postaged the old and reordered newat the same time taking the same exact steps prior. Again a couple days later new gaskets came and installed andthere you go...motorcycles good to go. Weeks go by with no contact on a credit, I email them. Sorry no dice on your credityour gaskets were installed = no credit.

Needless to say I'm pissed, there crappy half ass gasket selection menu is junk. A simple Year/make/model selection screen like every other parts supplier in the world would have made my life much easier as well as a description at checkout just to double check.I get I could have looked at the reciept prior to me installing when they came...shame on me.I know what I ordered..I know what bike I have, there are huge "1200" on the valve covers for crying out loud.

On top of that I get little hints of attitude in there help desk nonsense. I could very well be partially at fault for the situation, but telling me your not going to refund me for even a hint of error on there part isn't fair to a customer. Should have went Honda OEM, saved a few hours of my life and a couple hours of high blood pressure. :lash:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
imported post

Forgot to add as well they said "What you returned are unsellable as they are greasy, both have dents in the same spot and the rings are crushed."

Yeah no there weren't...I cleaned and inspected them prior to shipping them out. They looked like they came out of the wrapper.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Unfortunately you found out the hard way about SabreCycle. They have a reputation for BAD customer service.

Usually with critical gaskets it's always better to go with Honda parts. There have been a few out there that just don't match up to the quality of the Honda parts.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
imported post

If you search Saber Cycle on this forum there aren't many happy campers. I generally go with, Western Honda for OEM, or CycleMax for bling or accesories. But now you know.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

If you do a search here you will find many or most of us avoid them like the plague!

I have not dealt with them myself but it sounds like you got the same service I have read many posts about. Wrong parts, Junk parts, rude service, no service etc..

If they won't give you a refund on the wrong set request a Charge Back through your credit card company, or file a complaint with PayPal if you paid that way.
You ORDERED the correct part on THEIR website, THEY sent the wrong part. NOT your fault in any way!

Normally I try to look over a part to see if new looks same as the old one before installing, but not always.
If the head gasket did cause the engine to lock then it probably would not have looked to close to the old one if you held them together.

·
Registered
54 Posts
imported post

Head gaskets can not be reused once installed and the head is torqued and therefore were not re-sellable so it would be no suprise credit was not issued. From what I read about Sabre you might just call it an inexpensive life lesson.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

Franky, from what I've seen, we should be giving old Sabre credit where credit is due... sounds like they actually stopped at telling him "no credit" instead of telling him he's a whiny little girl who girl shouldn't have worked on his bike to begin with and he'll now be banned from their company for life...

Sounds like sabre is making progress :D

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

51CRUZR wrote:
Head gaskets can not be reused once installed and the head is torqued and therefore were not re-sellable so it would be no suprise credit was not issued. From what I read about Sabre you might just call it an inexpensive life lesson.
A honest reliable place will often stand behind there mistakes and make things right!
True the gaskets can not be resold, but they sent the wrong parts, not the parts that were ordered! Their mistake and they should make it right even though they loose a couple dollars!
More than we can expect though!

Why should he be out his money for their mistake, and why should they still make a profit on their mistake? They would be out less money than he is because they don't buy at the retail price he paid!

So they made the mistake, but yet they make a profit by keeping his money for the wrong gaskets? Tell me how that is right either?
So to double your business and profit all you have to do is send out the wrong parts, have customer buy another set, then keep the money for the bad set also.

I have had auto parts stores give me a wrong seal before and after installing it and finding it leaked like a sieve I pulled it out and returned it. Sure they could not resell that either!
BUT being honest they made it right by not only taking back the wrong seal (now junk) and giving me the correct seal but they also gave me free gaskets to replace those that were ruined when I installed the wrong seal then had to take it apart again.

When places like them do stuff like this complaints should be made and Chargebacks requested. If nothing else it gives them a black mark and maybe enough black marks and they'll get shut down! If you just say oh well that's the way it is then nothing will happen and they will just keep ripping people off.

·
Registered
54 Posts
imported post

Chromo

Calm down, we are on the same page here concerning what a reputable establishment would be expected to do. However we are talking about Sabre here aren't we?He never had a snowballs chance in you know where for a credit returning used gaskets. I totally agree that it was not his fault.

·
Administrator
28,085 Posts
imported post

Well you can feel better in knowing that it is people who don't know any better that are keeping them in business. The owner has posted on this forum, made all kind of excuses about their service and promised to do better but they have not changed one bit.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Some people on here love Saber however. I for one cannot do business with a place that treat fellow Goldwing owners like this.

But some here can look past that, and don't care how a place does business, just that they get what they need, and to heck with ethics.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I'll pay twice as much for a part rather than deal with Saber Cycle. They suck big time!:whip::whip::whip:

One of my favorite sources is Motogrid. One stop shopping for a variety of OEM manufacturers.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
I'll pay twice as much for a part rather than deal with Saber Cycle. They suck big time!:whip::whip::whip:
+1

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

OK, say it with me now....

I've said it before and I'll say it again every time it comes up. I'd set my Wing on fire and ride into a vat of gasoline before I bought a damn thing from Sabre Cycle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.