Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

I know.. I put Da Boss's bike to bed last weekend.. :sleepy:

We where out last night.. went for a short 60 mile ride then to supper.. Nice windy 49 F... 30+mph wind here today.. I think my riding daze are numbered for the season too:thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Gonna go for a ride today, but it is going to be cold........oh well.......no whining here, I will be riding.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I see you have your mouse house all set up for them.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

u guys want a hug?

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Say it ain't so!!!!!

Weather in north Carolina isn't that bad during the winter months. It will get cold at times, even get a little snow or ice once in a while but I don't think I would ever see enough to warrant putting a cover over mine.

Group hug. :needahug::needahug::needahug::needahug:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

What's that red thing by your bike? We don't have any of those around here. :D Actually I don't ride nearly as much this time of year either. It's cold and wet for much of the next several months and we get ice on the roads occasionaly, and on rare occasions some snow too.

John

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

Over the summer I bought a shorter car that gives me enough room to keep the bike ready in case the temps are high enough. :action:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

If you have to you have to I guess.

But have some respect man, don't use the snow shovels to prop her up LOL

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

coachk64 wrote:
'Nuff said. :(
ITs got handlebars, levers , two wheels and an engine . Whats your problem ? put a seat on it an ride all winter . :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

I put both of the NightHawks away yesterday, but the Goldwings are still available to ride. I'll wrap up the 1200 next month sometime, but the sidecar bike has to stay available for ice fishing season.

BTW, we build snowblowers to actually move snow. http://hackedgadgets.com/2008/12/21/v8-engine-snowblower/

·
Mad Maxer
209 Posts
imported post

Well, I hate to say it, but our best riding season is just starting. One can ride year round in Phoenix, but between June and September any riding would be headed straight north (high country) early in the morning and home early or after dark.

For now, I'm commuting to work on the 'wing.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

Took a 100 mile ride on Fri. Left, the temp was 53* by the time I arrived at destination it was 46*, riding the Goldwing with all the flaring it felt just right.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

I try to get the bikes out once a week through the winter here but it gets hard to do. The Silverwing is fuel injected and is lighter so it will see regular usage during the rainy months. As soon as we get the clear/cold skies, I have my electric coat on and enjoying some afternoon smiles.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

When I want to see snow I can drive up in the mountains - Idyllwild is the closest snow.

That said, it's pretty darn frigid here this morning. Thermo says 44.

Oh well. Time to make sure I have the liner zipped in my mesh jacket. By this afternoon it'll be unzipped from it.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

No offense guys, but we just don't have this worry here in south Texas. It may get a bit chilly but we don't store them up for the winter......

(Jealous aren't you.) ;)

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

I look forward to the cold. Doesn't change my riding habits. Changes me and mybikes clothing though. Saturday looks like fun. Saturdays forecast has changed since last night. Was clear, no snow. We'll see. Our second 'cold-spurt' is coming-up with temps in the teens.

As I tell the Boys and Girls around here, "...you either like it or you don't. If sweeping your garage floor is your thing, then sweep away..."

Mike, I'm gonna get me a sidecar one day. Snowmobiles don't do it for me. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

coachk64 wrote:
'Nuff said. :(
I don't get it! Why is this funny? What does this mean? Would some one please explain... I don't get it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.