Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was looking for some parts on bike bandit and noticed a removable bag for the inside. See http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1998-honda-motorcycle-gl1500se-gold-wing-se/o/m2386#sch21537

Item48 Saddle bag inner for about 52 plus shipping each.

Anyone ever see or use one of these? What can you tell me about it? I assume it is designed to fit and removable so sound very interesting to me. I'd like to pack inside and just put it in place.

Please let me know any of you that bought a GL1500 New.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
imported post

Mine had them when I bought it, I thought they come with a goldwing. They are very handy, fill them up and put them in and go. Mine are goldwing bags and are designed to fit the saddle bags.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
imported post

Mine had them when I bought it, I thought they come with a goldwing. They are very handy, fill them up and put them in and go. Mine are goldwing bags and are designed to fit the saddle bags.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

I have them in all three boxes. They are well made, but not real heavy. I wouldn't pay that much for them. I actually have a pair of canvas boot bags that are much heavier, better made, and came free with my boots. I prefer them as they are a little smaller. There is room in the saddlebags for tools and stuff I don't want in the cloth bag.

Now that I have two Wings and no longer buy western boots, I'll probably move the brown ones to the brown bike.

Attachments

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

I have the Hopnel bagsthat I bought from Cyclemax. I also bought the trunk bag. They all fit very well and I have had no issues with them. You can buy 2 saddlebag liners and the trunk liner for $45 which is better than buying just 1 Hondaline saddlebag liner. IMHO, about the only difference would be the logos.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

I have a set for my 1500. They are great on long trips. we pack enough for two people for three days and still have a little room left over in the boxes. I like the fact that we can pull into a motel at the end of the day, grab the three bags and have everything we need in the room with us. Don't remember what we paid for them, but bought them as a set and got a good deal on them.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

SidecarMike wrote:
I have them in all three boxes.  They are well made, but not real heavy.  I wouldn't pay that much for them.  I actually have a pair of canvas boot bags that are much heavier,  better made, and came free with my boots.  I prefer them as they are a little smaller.  There is room in the saddlebags for tools and stuff I don't want in the cloth bag. 

Now that I have two Wings and no longer buy western boots, I'll probably move the brown ones to the brown bike.
Those are the bags that came with new 1500s. I don't think they came with all the 1500 models or for all years. I remember some owners buying new SE's and they had those bags.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

They were a nice set of bags. Basic but durable.

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

I have a set. They came with my bike. Three bags, one for each saddle bag and one for the trunk.
I only use them when travelling.
What makes them nice is that I can pack my clothes in them inside the house and then just put them in the bike. Pretty much if you don't overstuff them, if it fits in the bags, it will go in the bike.
Then when on the road and stopping at a motel or at your destination, you can bring the contents of your saddle bag or trunk inside with you all at once.
If you travel much, then they are nice to have. But not much use other than that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.