Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
New Sidecar guy
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '98 Goldwing has a set of aftermarket lights in the saddlebags. One bulb burned out. Can anyone tell me where to get a replacement bulb? Of course there are no identifying marks on the bulb.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's too small for a 194, could be a G4. Have you considered converting to LED's? I'm thinking of doing it for all my saddlebag and trunk lights using those LED strips. SuperbrightLEDs.com has the strips at decent prices.

·
Registered
199 Posts
That's what I did to my 92 GL1500 and just completed my 99 1500 today. I got the LED light strips at Wal Mart and wired them in using the molex connectors from Cycle Max. That way no splicing wires with scotchlocks . Looks like it
came that way. Nice and bright, not dim like the oem bulbs.

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
You can use the 194 bulb but it is rated too high and the wattage will melt the light strips lens over time. The 194 is larger in size also and 4 watts. If my memory is right you need a #161 bulb. I think it is a bit shorter and 2.66 watts.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You can use the 194 bulb but it is rated too high and the wattage will melt the light strips lens over time. The 194 is larger in size also and 4 watts. If my memory is right you need a #161 bulb. I think it is a bit shorter and 2.66 watts.

That place has the right bulbs.

I just bought bulbs for my Sei Electronic Navigator from them.
Very helpful people too, when you call them.😎

·
New Sidecar guy
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I'll take the bulb into the auto parts store for a replacement. Think they will know what it is? LOL
I looked at LEDs on Amazon after AZ gl1800 responded with "194". From the reviews it doesn't look like they last very long.

·
Administrator
57,962 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll take the bulb into the auto parts store for a replacement. Think they will know what it is? LOL
I looked at LEDs on Amazon after AZ gl1800 responded with "194". From the reviews it doesn't look like they last very long.
I wasn't recommending that you buy that bulb, just merely presenting it because it had a nice image of the bulb..... when I find links, it is always "Caveat Emptor" to establish if that is good for the purpose desired.... all I did was search for "194 bulb" and jillions of links came up. I just looked for a good image to view the bulb.

as I said, " it looks like " a 194....

·
Registered
101 Posts
I wasn't recommending that you buy that bulb, just merely presenting it because it had a nice image of the bulb..... when I find links, it is always "Caveat Emptor" to establish if that is good for the purpose desired.... all I did was search for "194 bulb" and jillions of links came up. I just looked for a good image to view the bulb.

as I said, " it looks like " a 194....
John. in the industry they call it a "Wedge" shaped bulb.
As you seen there are a ton of shapes and sized wedged shape bulbs.

I had to call myself after I ordered what I thought was the correct bulb?,
only to get larger bulbs that what I was looking for.

·
New Sidecar guy
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts