Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know if one can buy replacement latches for the saddle bags/trunk for an 82 aspy? Mine work ok just kinda rusty.....
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
imported post

I think Mother Honda can get them for about $70 a piece, but not completely sure on that.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for your reply. I did see that Bike Bandit lists them and yup they're about 60 bucks a pop. Let's see I would want 6 of 'em that would be360.00! Perhaps I'll just sand 'em down and paint them a nice back.

Doug

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

Did you try chrome cleaner? I used DuPont's & cleaned mine up.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I can remove the surface rust with steel wool, but they are quite badly pitted so it's either replace them, paint them or perhaps have them rechromed(if possible)...

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
imported post

It's possible but would probably be cheaper to buy new ones if you were going to rechrome. I'd go with powder coating myself.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
imported post

I seen the parts you want at Bent Bike out in Langley last week give them a call but I think they are open odd hours but they will know if they have them. Good luck. GWRRA Member Ken

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Take the old ones and order a caswell plating kit. Small parts like that can be done cheap. YOu can nickle them and polish them up or go a step further and chrome them.You can get electroless nickle and other plating kits for well under a $100. If their $60 a pop you'd come out way ahead plating them yourself.JR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.