Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello, I am new to this forumn and are looking for some guidance.

Were can you get the saddlebag seals or is there an other type that can be used?

Also looking for the floor board rubber replacements, anyone know were these can be purchased from?

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Chromeworld has replacement rubber for the floor boards, for about 18 bucks a pair plus shipping. I have PM'd someone to see if there is something available local...on the seals, I don't know.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

I could never find those rubber pads for the floorboards.
I used grip strip.
They used this snadpaper on one side and super tacky glue on the other side, for running boards. Low wing airraft boarding paths, and some metal steps have them to lower the risk of slipping in the rain.
Here http://www.grippytape.com/Grippy_Tapes.asp
check this site out. The roll is about $12 usd and it can do both floorboards and have left over for polished garage floors or any where you want a high grip surface.
Hope this helps

P.S. They come in different colors if your interested.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
imported post

The last I knew saddle bag seals were still available from Honda, about $20 a piece.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,178 Posts
imported post

For the floor treads, one item I have used is this from Ace Hardware.
Most of their stores will cut off the length you need.

3M Safety-Walk® Anti Slip Tape

Anti Slip Tape

A good mastic would hold it to the floorboards.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for all the input. I was thinking of the grip tape or skate board tape also.

I will check out the Chromeworld and see what they have, I have never heard of them.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Just wanted to share some info on the floro board covers. I received a JP Cycle catalogue in the mail today, looked through it real quick and came across the floor board replacement covers they sale, which is what I have been looking for, the good news is they are only $11.99 ZZ55328 1973 - 1983, also have them for other models.:clapper:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.