Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I think Honda could make a lot of major improvments here. I have a Kawasaki Concours and I can remove the saddle bags quicker than the time it took you to read this. 1 turn of key and 1 quick latch, it is off. Great for changing tires or working anywhere at rear of bikes. Plus they can be carried as luggage when you take trip. I just finished working on the rear of my 1100 and the 1500. The bags are a pain.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
imported post

Yes i agree it is a pain ,but................................... is it not because the saddle bags are such an integrated part of the Wing that make the appearance (looks) so GOOD that's why it is so difficult to remove. Just wonder :baffled:

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

I love the Kaw. Concours too. However, have no plans to remove my GL1100 bags. I figure it was meant to be permanent. I may remove them for an "ultimate/cleaning/detailing" performed by myself. But other than that I love my Wing just the way she is. I have my Shadow Spirit for quick/removable saddlebags. :D

Jen:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Jennifer wrote:
I love the Kaw. Concours too. However, have no plans to remove my GL1100 bags. I figure it was meant to be permanent. I may remove them for an "ultimate/cleaning/detailing" performed by myself. But other than that I love my Wing just the way she is. I have my Shadow Spirit for quick/removable saddlebags. :D

I wasn't saying I wanted to remove them.As in leave them off. Just to have them removable for service or to use as luggage. And yes I really like the Concours too. I call it my baby wing.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:

I wasn't saying I wanted to remove them.As in leave them off. Just to have them removable for service or to use as luggage. And yes I really like the Concours too. I call it my baby wing.
Yes that is true. The ST1100's have quick removable bags, now why couldn't they apply that same type of system to the Goldwing too?

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

Sorry folks but I love the way the trunk and bags function together. My travel bags fit right into the side boxs with clothes in them. As far as working on the rear, except for changeing light bulbs I leave the Tech stuff to people who know what there doing. A fractured bolt, improperly torqued bearing ect isn't worth my life to save a few bucks. hope I didn't step on any toes here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.