Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Does anyone know what the seat cover is made of on an 1800? How do you clean and protect it? Lemon pledge like everything else?

mike

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The seat is vinyl which is better than leather being as it's waterproof and won't give you a wet butt for days after it's been in a rain. A damp cloth wipe down, vinyl cleaner (Not Armor all unless it's specifically the non slip kind) or a bit of dish soap and water or yes, Lemon Pledge will do the job too. It doesn't make the seat excessively slippery either.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

Like Exavid I use Vinyl cleaner, or just soap and water.

I do recommend that you avoid Armor All or any other Silicone based items....makes it hard to stay on the seat.....does look good though!!

Hanko

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

StartedLate wrote:
Does anyone know what the seat cover is made of on an 1800? How do you clean and protect it? Lemon pledge like everything else?

mike
I think the best thing you can do to protect your saddle is to cover it when it's sitting out in the sun not being ridden. You can use anything, but to test the theory find yourself a new large towel and use it for just one summer and see the effects. Watch the deterioration of the towel right before you eyes. The number one saddle killer in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thanks for the input. I try to keep the entire bike covered when I'm at work and it's sitting in the weather for hours each day.

mike

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
imported post

You might want to look into a sheepskin cover for the seat. many members use & love them. Here's a link to look at (I use one of theirs), www.alaskaleather.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.