Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Still fighting electrical problems, more on that later.

Last week I was excited to find out I could order OEM Saddlebag and Trunk Liners from BikeBandit for my bike. They came in yesterday.

Although my memory may be at fault, I seem to remember that these liners were supposed to be leather for the 85LTD. These are canvas with leather handles, and LTD crests on the side, but not what I expected.

Am I wrong?

Dave

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The trunk liner bag for my SEI was nylon, I don't think any of the originals were canvas. I think high denier nylon is far superior to leather since the leather doesn't like to get damp. I have a nylon one in my 1500, sure like it for trips. I don't have the side bag liners haven't decided if they are worth the cost.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yeah, I think they were an option for the LTD and SEI. Possibly not though, it was in the trunk when I got the bike.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger1984 wrote:
Were they mostly cosmetic or were they practical?

Vic
I found the one for the trunk very handy on my recent trip. The stuff I didn't need on a daily basis was in the saddlebags, shaving kit, clothes and all that stuff I kept in the liner. Just a matter of lifting it out and taking it into a motel. We were planning on doing some camping but the cold weather decided my brother and I to share motel rooms.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger1984 wrote:
That's good to know. I've often wondered if it would be worth invested in those liners.

Too bad you didn't get to camp, hotels cost too much, but, they sure are comfortable and dry.

Vic
I think I'm gonna fix the lack of camping. I'm planning on making a run over to Montana, and possibly into Canada in August. Just gotta show my brother the 'Wing is better than his snooty Bimmer.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Those bags (Mr. 1200) look better than the ones I got. I'll try to post a picture tonight.

Dave

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

Hopnel sells reasonable facsimilies of the original Honda bags for quite a bit less.

I believe that the saddlebag liners are 29.95 each (US) available on line.

I remember the LTD bags being nylon as well.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

I've since checked the magazines I got with the bike (reviews of the LTD from the day) and there's no mention of leather bags either. I guess it was just a mistaken impression on my part. I'll post pics when I finally get around to taking pics of the magna to put it up for sale.

Cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.