Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The 05 1800 I have is built to Australian specs and I would like to have the lights in the saddlebags working(they are not required in Australia). I see on Ebay someone is parting out an 02 1800 and is sellingboth saddlebag lights. My questions are:-

Will these lights from the 02 model fit an 05 model?

Do the coloured lenses seperate from the black rear part of the lights as I would prefer tokeep the new lenses on my bike?

Regards to all.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Yes they will fit fine, the back part is not removable. Why not just melt outythe holes for the bulbholders in your own lights? The outline of the hole is easily seen because it is stamped into the plastic. That way you keep your new lights instead of fitting old ones.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

Hi cbhon, the UK and European models are the same. Most of the UK guys just drill and file out the bulb holes, like Ambrose said they are already marked out for it.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

DJ wrote:
Hi cbhon, the UK and European models are the same. Most of the UK guys just drill and file out the bulb holes, like Ambrose said they are already marked out for it.
I can confirm that, its cheaper to cut or melt out the holes than to buy new lights. If you really want to buy new ones, it's cheaper again to buy a whole rear set of clear aftermarket lenses than to just buy the lower Honda set.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Just melt out the holes, it's so easy to do. I know guys that just used a soldering iron to do this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.