Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

hi guys! i was just wondering if anyone has seenany redsaddlebag lights for the flashers .

i put red ones on my top trunk and i dont like having two colors when turning.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

My sidecar had two red and one amber light lens on the rear with 1157 sockets/bulbs. The amber is wired for tail/turn light. The two reds are wired for tail/brake lights. It is illegal to have amber running/tail light on the rear so I used the paint that someone on this forum recommended for the changing of saddlebag amber to red lens. Worked well for me. The red painted amber lens is just not quite as deep red as the two original red lens.

GL1100 Saddlebag Yellow Lens- I painted the Yellow lens with Testors Candy Apple Transparent Model paint - from Wallyworld, use the spray can. under $4. 2 -3 coats on the inside of the lens. (Testors 1605 Transparent Candy AppleRed Model spray paint)

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
imported post

I agree with William 86. You can buy the amber trunk conversion lights and wire in signal lights. I dont think you will ever find red original style signal lights. Besides amber is brighter and you will achieve your goal of having signal lights all the same colour....................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.