Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

For my 79. I posted a few days ago about looking for a luggage rack. I think I may end up using a banged-up rack that I have on hand. But now I want to know if I can find mounts for saddlebags (and which type - soft or hard) either used or new. Thanks for any suggestions. /forums/images/emoticons/dude.gif

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
imported post

I found a great deal on Vetter bags and rack on eBay. Happy hunting!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

I would look on Ebay or check the bike breaker thread at the top of this board.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

I have no use for saddlebags if I'm not traveling... they add drag, weight, and I couldn't call my bike "naked" with permanent saddlebags!When on a trip I use the Nelson-Rigg SB 900 nylon bags. Pretty decent, large bags for a good price. I have about 5000 miles on mine and they show no signs of wear.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

axelwik wrote:
I have no use for saddlebags if I'm not traveling... they add drag, weight, and I couldn't call my bike "naked" with permanent saddlebags!  When on a trip I use the Nelson-Rigg SB 900 nylon bags.  Pretty decent, large bags for a good price.  I have about 5000 miles on mine and they show no signs of wear.
Thanks, Marco, that is exactly the type of bag I am hoping to find. What is the attachment mechanism?

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

sanfelice wrote:
axelwik wrote:
Thanks, Marco, that is exactly the type of bag I am hoping to find. What is the attachment mechanism?
Two heavy-duty nylon straps across the top with 3-inch wide velcro that goes all the way across, and each bag has straps at the front andrearthat attach to the frame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.