Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've seen and heard a number of riders make mention of safety chrome. I have an idea of what they may be talking about, but I just want to be sure. Anybody?

Roryrob

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

OK, I'll bite, what is safety chrome? :baffled:

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

LOUD Chrome saves gnomes???

Saftey Chrome.????

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

I believe from searching on google it just chrome add ons and the fact that it is seen easily:baffled:just my 2 cents worth.

Ride Safe, Ray

:action:

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

My interpretation is that it is a sales method guys use to explain purchases to their better half's. :shock:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Hum? Should I answer this one? Where is the catch?

Safety chrome in the biker world, the slang term for safety chrome is simply any and all doodles we install on our bikes. All the little chrome bits we buy and put on them to dress the up and make them more appealing.

Anything from speaker trim to larger wishbone covers, front fender trim, to rotor covers.

All that kind of thing is safety chrome.

Kit

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Well then, I must be among the safest:cheeky1:What I could not buy already chromed I had chromed.:action:

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
imported post

Like you spiderbob finally got my heat shields back yesterday,wow very nice.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Pate wrote:
Like you spiderbob finally got my heat shields back yesterday,wow very nice.
Oh ya, that's what I'm talking about. Nice See we're all safety:dude:

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

In the old days ( 1960's and 70's), I heard engine guards referred to as safety chrome. Perhaps that was a mid western thing, butI like Whitefish's explanation better.

Michael

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I am one of the lucky ones, Helen the Viking is the one who keeps wanting to add the "safety chrome". :):kissing:

She has a great eye for "safety" it would appear, since the bike has more than enough of the stuff for my liking!!!!:D

The previous owner had also added some aswell, so no need for me to have to consider any more.

Whillst all the "safety chrome" is great for thenight riding, please don't forget riding in daylight, which will necessitate adding "safety black", such as Ram Mounts and master cylinder switch gear!!!!:action::action:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

michaelhaneyis that a perfect blue oval on your bike :cooldevil:

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:

I guess he is a Ford nut.:D:D:D:D I wonder if Safety Chrom refers to "Chrome Yellow". They say that yellow is the safest color.:baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

I believe Kit and Whiskerfish are both right. Guys want to put shiny bits and pieces on their bike and tell their wife thatthe more chrome on the bike makes it sparkle. The sparklesmake it an eye catcher which in turn makes you more visible. Carol believes that "safety chrome" to be true. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Whillst all the "safety chrome" is great for thenight riding, please don't forget riding in daylight, which will necessitate adding "safety black", such as Ram Mounts and master cylinder switch gear!!!!:action::action:
I hate to disagree with Silverfox, but Ram Mounts and switch gear are more like "Mana" for two wheels.:leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
DigbyODell wrote:

I guess he is a Ford nut.:D:D:D:D I wonder if Safety Chrom refers to "Chrome Yellow". They say that yellow is the safest color.:baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

Blue Oval: Yes.

Ford Nut: No.

After painting the bike, the Honda decal looked terrible, so I made the substitute. It was a very hard choice between the blue oval and a Farmall patch.:cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

I have safety chrome in my drawer but I cannot cross state lines with it.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

na, all mine are blue chrome :D

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

michaelhaney wrote:
I hate to disagree with Silverfox, but Ram Mounts and switch gear are more like "Mana" for two wheels.:leprechaun:
Being as Helen the Viking is a member on here, I have to be very careful what I call things, and using the word "Mana" is likely to get her all uptight and calling for another enquiry!!!!:shock::cheeky1::cheeky1:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.