Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

But occasionally I leave her at home and go ride my WING!!

I saw this on the wall at the Honda shop today and cracked up!!

And I also gave up my beautiful Dunlap Elite front whitewall!! Not safe tread on it and I simply did not want to pay more to wait for a replacement, so Soarise now has black shoes!! It makes her so.......BLACK

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
But occasionally I leave her at home and go ride my WING!!

I saw this on the wall at the Honda shop today and cracked up!!

And I also gave up my beautiful Dunlap Elite front whitewall!! Not safe tread on it and I simply did not want to pay more to wait for a replacement, so Soarise now has black shoes!! It makes her so.......BLACK
Funny name for a wife! :cheeky1:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Brojees :waving: Much safer with new threads. :clapper: Ride Safe my friend. :jumper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

But she is so plain and so BLACK!!

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

How about glue and glitter? And for the "ultra trick" look, put a playing card through the rim so it goes "click click" when the wheel turns. All the cool kids did that with their bicycles when I was a -young'in.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

LOLOL!!! Not enough spokes Dave!!

But the glue and glitter? Hmmm??

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

There is a painter in Cincinnati, Ohio that does show Corvettes - he puts ground glass in the paint. The look is incredible - the paint sparkles. It's death on a paint gun though with those glass bits going through the nozzle.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

My CB 750 had Diamond Dust in the metalflake paint, it is actual industrial diamond dust and gives a spectacular effect. I plan on using the technique again when I repaint Soarise next winter. Not very pricey as the ratio of diamond to flake is very low and no real damage to the spray gun as the nozzle is larger with flake and tip velocity lower.

I also have designs of seeing if I can still airbrush as well, but it will take a while to accumulate the equipment. A good flake gun is quite a bit and a decent dual action airbrush far more!! Then my booth, driers, all that.

Wish I could learn to do things simply!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.