Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

every now and then i see a motorcycle that is poorly packed, it brings back an old memory. i was at a fatal motorcycle accident. the highway was a rural two lane that was very crooked. alongside was a creek bed about 20 feet lower than the roadbed. the motorcycle had left the highway landed in the creekbed killing the young rider. the cause? a sleeping bag. it had been tied on the back fender. the bike was a dual-sport with knobby tires. the bag slipped back and the knobby tire grabbed it,it stuffed the sleeping bag up under the fender locking the back wheel. the rider lost control and off into the creek. some times its the simple things. keep an eye on your loads, live to ride another day. walkabout

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

My son is trying to convince me that a Kawasaki Ninja 650r will make a better touring bike than his Honda Shadow Ace with touring bags........ He emailed me a picture of a Ninja that was all loaded with gear. I printed it out and told him to study it for a little while and think about that.......

Kids.......

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Nothing wrong with packing a full load long as it's done safe.
Keep everything away from tires and brakes!

Don't carry spare gas next to spark plug wires sitting on hot engine in a plastic can either LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.