Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1984 CL1200 Bobber
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sobering Tragedies! -- I'm Reminded to be carefull.-- Last year Greg, my childhood friend and neighbor wrecked his bike and was paralyzed. --- In February we lost my brother Kenny. 18 yrs ago a drunk lady pulled out in front of him. He was only going 35 MPH. Multiple injuries and complications finally claimed his life. --- 3 months ago a FedEx truck changed lanes without seeing my good friend Michael. He was only going 25. Punctured lung and multiple fractures. Medics were close by and kept him alive but he has a long road ahead of him. --- Last month my very dear friend Dave (diabetic) apparently had a sugar low w/o knowing. Apparently he didn't hear or feel his monitor alert because the trucker following him said he just drifted off the road and fatally hit a tree. --- It's not safe to ride scared, but please ride safe.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This pandemic stuff has me wondering if I wait things out or get everything on the bucket list done now, you just never know, do you, when it’s your time. I hit a whitetail deer @60mph at dusk leading 12 bikes on an expressway. Totaled my 30 year old 10,000 mile silver wing interstate. It almost severed the animal in 2. Never saw it!!! I rode it to the ground and rolled away from it, tucked in, helmet, leather, boots, but just jeans. No broken bones, but went to E.R. Asking to be checked and monitored for a torn aorta. E.R. Crew couldn’t believe I was the 60mph deer hit. They expected hamburger on a gurney.
I was a 1st responder years ago, and we had 2 motorcycle/deer accidents were the rider refused treatment only to die 4-8 hours later from torn aorta’s. These accidents were 1 month apart. Same road. Be safe folks. Oh, I never look through a windshield anymore, always over.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
This pandemic stuff has me wondering if I wait things out or get everything on the bucket list done now, you just never know, do you, when it’s your time. ...
Nor would you want to "know".

·
Administrator
25,749 Posts
E.R. Crew couldn’t believe I was the 60mph deer hit. They expected hamburger on a gurney.
Because that is what they see most of the time, people who don't wear protective gear.

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
It is important to have everything (documents etc.) in order for when our time comes.

Sometimes folks "delay that" until its too late...! Then family members have a "mess on their hands" taking care of everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts