Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have a 1992 Interstate with 70k miles that runs great.

I bought the bike to fix it as the PO was just letting it sit.

But I am sick of the Reverse Scammers contacting me about the Bike.

With Work and home stuff to do I am running out of warm weather in case someone from far away wants to ride this bike home.

Bike comes with Owners Manual, Tool Kit and full Cover.

Also the is some waves in the Left Saddlebag cover like it was too close to heat or something. Waves are not bodywork as the are inside the cover too.

I was going to buy these large waving flags to put on covers as they would look good and cover the waves on one cover.

Or, I have extra saddlebags with covers and an Extra Trunk but you would have to paint to match.

Let me know.

Mohawk

I have more pics in the Gallery but I don't know how to put them in this post.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Do you have more pictures of the bike?

What needs fixing? Does it run? Drivable?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

There are more pics in the gallery under Mohawk.

Bike runs great and rides excellent.

The only thing I can find wrong right now is the front brakes pulsate. I am getting the rotors ground flat on a surface grinder at work. Minimum thickness is 5mm or .197" thick. The rotors right now are over .230" thick and with a dial indicator they are flat both inside and outside. But during the pulling apart I am going to lube all the parts that are supposed to slide on the calipers and take a ride.

Also when bike is cold there is a pronounced flat spot upon acceleration. But this is non existent when bike warms up. I noticed my 95 does it too when cold with no choke.

I heard about this bike and was told is was only 12 years old and that is what I was looking for, a 99 or 2000 SE.

What I found was this 92 Interstate. When the owner showed it to me I did not want it at all. But couldn't see it sit there and he was going through a divorce and needed to find a new home for it. He wanted over 5k for it. And I started at 3k. We settled on 4k and I got a box of extra parts.

So I bought it to fix the little things and sell it to see it get ridden.

Mohawk

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

That's quite a bit for an Interstate.

Good luck with the sale!!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Yea, It may be a tad High, But that gives them room to get a deal.

I have a tad more than $3,500 into it and I kept the Service Manual.

SO If I get $3,500. I will be happy.

I put the bike on Craigslist the other day and I can't believe all the Reverse Scams I have received.

Most want to pay me more than I want just to keep the bike for them.
Then they want to pay with Paypal and send an agent to pick bike up.

I just reply if they or someone shows up with money, Then, and only then can they take the bike.

Here is the Craigslist site with more pictures.

92 GL1500 Goldwing" (motorcycles/scooters - by owner) Should now be viewable at the following URL:
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/mcy/3299493704.html

Mohawk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.