Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Anyone out there running a 1500 without a wind shield? I've already cut 5" off a brand new Slip Stream and I'm still roasting.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi us cant say i ever seen that you have to be carefull as your going to affect the aerodinamics of the bike you may get a speed wooble from it or your going to push so much air into your face dont forget that big headlight pannell it may be just to uncomfortable have you the wind wings fitted as you can turn them inwards to direct more air onto your lower half and have you a vented screen also make sure your foot warmers are closed

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Yes... I have the outer wings and they do seem to help. I do my best to monitor the lower foot warmers and try to keep them turned off. I also made a couple of lower wings to scoop air from the outside and direct it over my feet. But man, the heat is brutal...

As for the wind blowing in my face... I've ridden for nearly 30 years and this is my first bike with a windshield... I wear prescription goggles anyway...

Maybe if I cut the shield off in a short arch?

T

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
imported post

If you have a vent in the windshield it's a big help, butriding over90 degrees is tough on a Wing.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

just cut it and let about 10 cms from the chrome panel, will look like those dressed harleys with short windshields. might help a lot, i wanted to do the same with my old windshield but a friend asked for it so i gave it away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.