Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Make me want to stay in bed. I can see why there aren't any episodes of Corner Gas shot in winter.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Saskatchewan where every tree is a Provincial Park and you can watch your dog run away for three days !

·
Administrator
57,514 Posts

Saskatchewan where every tree is a Provincial Park and you can watch your dog run away for three days !

that really makes you wonder why anyone would want to put up with the harsh winters there..... farming is not an easy task, especially if you have livestock.

if I were young, and tried to farm there, it would be north in the summer, and way south in the winters... I would not stay there.

I had enough of -59° days when I was young, and it is not a picnic.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
(Rick Sheeley GWRRA)
659 Posts
Al I can say is .....brrrrr!

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Al I can say is .....brrrrr!

I lived in Saskatchewan and Manitoba for a total of 38 years.

Your comment is correct.

I now live in Alberta and we never get weather that cold. I would like to send a couple of people around here who complain about the Winter to Saskatchewan. They would then shut up about a couple of cold days here each Winter.

·
Administrator
57,514 Posts
The company that my son works for, builds diesel/battery/electric trolly & free running municipal buses...

the Batteries feed an inverter that outputs 770 volts DC, which is used to drive the electric motor that actually moves the bus. The diesel engine is just a backup in case the bus is "off grid" for too long ( ie, traffic accident ) so that they do not have to have it towed back to the grid.

The Cold Weather testing, IIRC, was done up north of Saskatoon and the temps there were -59° most of the time.

Those batteries are humongous, the same size as the Telephone Equipment batteries I used to take care of.... 2 volt cells measuring at least 12" thick, 30" or more in depth, and about 36" tall? been a couple of decades+ since I have seen them.

those batteries are being replaced with a new Lithium technology type battery, lots more power, in a smaller space.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.