Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This thing was ready for the trash heap but the cost to replace was high so I went a different route. Now, if only I could get my bike back from the shop to see how it will look. My bike is black so I think this is going to work.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

That looks good . I keep trying to get one off of Ebay but always get to high a price for me

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

You can still get the replacement bulbs, "BUT", make sure the lamp housing is very securely mounted to the spoiler. I know of three riders that have had the entire lamp vibrate out of the hole in the chin spoiler. One was saved by the dangling wires, the other two are still out there on the roadside... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Looks really good, Great Job!

I too have been looking for one for my 1200 if they made them for it (don't see any yet).

But let me ask, do they add anything to the cooling effect of the radiator? Or is it just merely for looks?

·
Administrator
26,143 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Shooter wrote:
You can still get the replacement bulbs, "BUT", make sure the lamp housing is very securely mounted to the spoiler. I know of three riders that have had the entire lamp vibrate out of the hole in the chin spoiler. One was saved by the dangling wires, the other two are still out there on the roadside... :gunhead:
Those things popped right out when I took it apart. Looks like they where held in place with some type of cheap glue. I've got them back in with a good amount of silicone. I think that should hold them in place. Put in new bulbs prior so that I don't have to replace them for a while.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

britman wrote:
That looks good . I keep trying to get one off of Ebay but always get to high a price for me
To be honest, I always thought it looked a bit cheesy in chrome. Since my bike is all black, it should help "pull" it down and give it a lower stance. At least that's what I'm hoping!

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Looks really good, Great Job!

I too have been looking for one for my 1200 if they made them for it (don't see any yet).

But let me ask, do they add anything to the cooling effect of the radiator? Or is it just merely for looks?
So far as I can tell, they are mostly for looks.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I have one of them spoilers too, and it looks just like your "before" picture too. I thought of powder coating it someday...

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I had one on a 1200 LTD. I thought it was pretty garish and looked so much better when it was removed.

But it was chrome. Thus I'm curious to see how it looks in black.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I think it came out pretty nice!

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Looks really good! I powdercoated the one on my 1100. You can see it in my avatar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.