Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Great paint job, but that alone was enough to scare me. Thing looks scary fast...

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

I would buy one.... with one exception these days..... see the rounded off tank towards the saddle?????? Well my belly goes the opposite direction...... makes it a bit harder to reach the handle bars, but a WHOLE lot easier to do wheelies

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

It is as fast as it looks. Did you get to see one of the new 1400 Concours? Very close to the ZX14 with full fairing and saddlebags. Motor is calmed down just a little. I have found out that a lot of people that ride goldwings either own a Concours or used to have one. I have a 2004 C10 would like to trade up but a little nervious about spending that much money right now.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

Just found a picture of a Concours 14

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

There was a pretty good article in Motorcycle Consumer News (U.S.) a year or so back--- I can say that, right? -- dealing with tank shape and the possibility of pelvic fractures. The nut of the matter was that the old bikes, the Indians, Harleys, Broughs, Triumphs, Enfields, whatever, had a sloping tank that youslid up on in a front end collision..... less broken pelvics (!) (Don't know the plural of pelvis!). The author of that article would say that that tank is shaped exactly wrong.... the hump don't let you slide, baby!

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Here's another nice paint job and check out the matching exhaust too. I saw this one in person. SWWWEEEETTT;)

Attachments

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Do they have a little sticker on the tank that says, "Shifting into 2nd gear is a misdemeanor, 3rd gear a felony"?

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
The nut of the matter was that the old bikes...
Interesting choice of similes there CJ :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Registered
384 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
collision..... less broken pelvics (!) (Don't know the plural of pelvis!).
Maybe it is pelvis's - That is Elvis's with no "P" :dude::action::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I rode one about three weeks ago, myself. DAMN it was just intoxicating. The riding position, although agressive, was very comfortable. It'd be easy to equip it as a sport tourer and crank some 500 mile hours - uh - I mean days.

Unfortunately I'd have a license for about a day.

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

If I had the money I would buy the Concours 1400!!!
I hear that they use ALOT OF GAS !

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

The gentleman I bought my 06 from in October picked up his Concours the day I rode the 06 away. He emailed me about 3 weeks ago to say the Concours was gone and his 09 Wing was ready for pick up. He was very happy with the Concours until the thrill wore off and he noticed he was lacking the comfort I think.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

The Concours looks nifty, but my wife wouldnt like the seat, lol. I remember reading somewhere they share the same drivetrain as the Ninja ZX14...

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

Pelvis plural? I was thinking Elvis too. But there was the skydiving team in Las Vegas "the flying Elvi" So I was thinking PELVI?

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

I really enjoy my ride. Way different than the Wings and not for the faint of heart. Truely what a motorcycle was meant to be. No saddle bag, drink holder, ash tray or radio.

·
Registered
384 Posts
imported post

morram wrote:
I really enjoy my ride. Way different than the Wings and not for the faint of heart. Truely what a motorcycle was meant to be. No saddle bag, drink holder, ash tray or radio.

What??? :?No ash tray? :?Where ya keep your extra change? Oh well - at least it is a HONDA! :action:Keep on keepin' on! :action:

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
imported post

wpgfire wrote:
Do they have a little sticker on the tank that says, "Shifting into 2nd gear is a misdemeanor, 3rd gear a felony"?
I lazy shifted into second gear , cop clocked me 55 in a 25. He was on a bike so he let me go. He said he could take me to jail... First Day Owner of a CBR1000 RR. lost big money on that deal couldn't ride it. I Hurt these old knees so bad.. though could never really Squat..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.