Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

While driving my TT unit from the terminal last Thursday and making my way through the local town before the highway a MC was approaching from the opposite direction with a commercial load.:?

My first reaction was that I had made a wrong turn and was in Bangladesh, pre 2nd cup of coffee.:D

On the back of this bike was about twenty shoe box sized boxes. Holding this load down on the back was orange strapping extending at least three feet higher than the riders head.

After the initial shock, I thought, this dude is getting paid to ride.

Where can I sign up for this gig?

JD

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

:ROFL: lately I've been seeing some similar things. I've seen about 5 crotch rockets with the square milk crates strapped to the backs. My first thought was "poor man's goldwing?" but that thought faded when I thought about the comfort of my wing. :)

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I'm thinking of going "HOT SHOT" myself.
If a guy with a Pickup Truck can do it why can't I?

1500, decent trailer with surge brakes, I could haul maybe Half load of Toilet paper cross country LOL

Ya, OK, I'll leave the steel hauling and Bulldozer transports to you other guys with bigger rigs LOL

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
imported post

You'll often see me cruzin around with my wing loaded down with computers! Nothing says cool like a honda with a computer strapped to it!!

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Gee, and I thought I looked third world with an 18 gallon enclosed tote container on my reciever rack. At least its mounted below eye level.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Back in the day, trikes and sidecars were often used for deliveries and as mobil tool cribs. Look up ServiCars for examples.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

I have carried two large wing backed stuffed chairs on the back of a Honda Passport, the first one upside down with the second one upright on top of it.

The store employees are all amazed when an entirely loaded shopping cart disappears into one side box and the top box with the eight loaves of bread under a bungie net on the rack. Last year the ladies watched as I loaded a lot of groceries for thanksgiving into the bike two up, but where to put that 28# turkey? Not a problem I just had her hand me the turkey after I turned the key on and placed it in front of the tank bag over the key between the handlebars, it never moved once all the way home!

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I should certainly hope a frozen turkey would not be moving around on your Wing!

Hope you weren't sitting on his/her wing, that cold make things cold LOL

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Yep, we regularly go and do a week's shopping on the Wing and often there is a 12 pack of loo rolls bunggie strapped to the rack, or sometimes boxes of cereals. :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Well, all this talk of food, I better go get mine out of the wing before I forget again LOL

Had a box on back seat the veggies were in, put the canned stuff in left bag with 2gal gas can, not sure what I left in trunk?
Other than veggies, it was all canned or boxed stuff out there.

Though I hope I did not leave the cheese to melt in this heat LOL
I got a great deal on little individual packs of cheese that don't have to be friged.
If you see me in pain at ES7 you know why LOL
I got 3 lbs of cheese to snack on LOL

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
imported post

Don't haul shot guns it causes thing to happen. Every one thinks you've gone postal.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yes indeed, I get odd looks from people when I go to the range with my rifle strapped across the passenger seat. Maybe I should have it cased? Nah.

·
Ornery Old Cuss
308 Posts
imported post

I was coming back from Indiana with four other bikes. A 650 broke down and we were all on a tight work schedule. So I pulled by cargo box off (ratchet strapped it on top of my buddys) Put the bike rail on my trailer frame and hauled it back with my GL 1100

·
Ornery Old Cuss
308 Posts
imported post

I've also hauled my twelve foot aluminum fishing boat 22 miles to the river with my wing.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

OK, we got to stop this now.
I'm getting some bad thoughts.

I got a Mazda RX7 about 50 miles away I want to get to the house and work on, I have a hitch on 1500 and a tow bar. LOL

I'm getting ideas but not sure I like them LOL

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I had seen a video with one of those before, but this one was better.

That might be a good job to get into, Road Service Bikes.
Deliver gas to those who run out, repair tires on the road, jump starting dead batteries, etc.. and towing small cars.
Hmmm, I wonder if I could get a AAA contract for my area LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.