Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was driving down I-75 between Macon and Valdosta, GA today on business. About 5pm, I looked in my mirror and saw a tight group of 4 bikes closing on my left.4 Harleys: 3Baggers and a Dyna. All the guys were sporting "Outlaws" top rockers and the one pillion rider had a patch that read "Property of Outlaws."



Looked just like every other group of bikers I'd ever seen. No trail of destruction following them or anything. Looked like they were enjoying the ride.:action:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,502 Posts
imported post

Those guys are not ever going to bother a civilian. They are just a courteous and as respectful as anyone else, so long as you are. Trouble with them is between rivals, not the public.

I know a couple of them, we get along just fine. In fact I remodeled a bath down below Pelion a year or so ago where they live. About 8 of them have purchased the home and they all live there, home is nice, well kept and they love to laugh and have a beer or two just like anyone.

Things of Television do not always portray the truth.

A couple of the girls though I think might be able to kick my tail. In fact one of them told me if I did not behave she was going to body slam me. I believed her. :)

Kit
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,790 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
A couple of the girls though I think might be able to kick my tail. In fact one of them told me if I did not behave she was going to body slam me. I believed her. :)

Kit
That would be a site to see :shock::cheeky1::D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
Those guys are not ever going to bother a civilian.
That might be true, but it is still comforting to have a pistol at the ready!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,771 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
Those guys are not ever going to bother a civilian. They are just a courteous and as respectful as anyone else, so long as you are. Trouble with them is between rivals, not the public.

I know a couple of them, we get along just fine. In fact I remodeled a bath down below Pelion a year or so ago where they live. About 8 of them have purchased the home and they all live there, home is nice, well kept and they love to laugh and have a beer or two just like anyone.

Things of Television do not always portray the truth.

A couple of the girls though I think might be able to kick my tail. In fact one of them told me if I did not behave she was going to body slam me. I believed her. :)

Kit

Kit:And just why did she have to tell you to behave?:shock:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,822 Posts
imported post

dingdong wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:
A couple of the girls though I think might be able to kick my tail. In fact one of them told me if I did not behave she was going to body slam me.  I believed her.  :)

Kit
 

Kit: And just why did she have to tell you to behave?:shock:
My thoughts entirely! :shock::shock::cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,502 Posts
imported post

cymru wrote:
dingdong wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:
A couple of the girls though I think might be able to kick my tail. In fact one of them told me if I did not behave she was going to body slam me. I believed her. :)

Kit

Kit:And just why did she have to tell you to behave?:shock:
My thoughts entirely! :shock::shock::cheeky1:
Diane is a big girl and she rides a 1200 sportster. We were all sitting in the yard having a beer and shooting the bull and I noticed her rear shocks were sagging a little.
So being as bashful as I am I asked her if she needed some diet beer to help out with those sagging shocks. :D She got a little miffed at me. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Then the other guys started in on her too, so she did get a little mad for a bit. All cool, I saw her in walmart a month or so ago and she gave me a hug.

Kit.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,253 Posts
imported post

I lived for 29 years, as Broke says, one block east three blocks south and one block east from the largest outlaw motorcycle clubs? in Texas,and they still are....The Banditos ...My kids went to school with their kids, my kids and their kids were friends, and would either play together at my house or theirs.... Some of the parents even went to the PTA meetings with us...At that time the leader a guy nick named "Rubberhead", because he had been in a motorcycle wreck and had lost all his teeth, him and I were not "best of friends" but we knew each other, and respected each others differences....

I walked into this little cafe one night, where they would meet up at after they had made a ride, I wasn't even thinking that they might be there.....All I wanted was to buy me a burger and a cup of coffee, I had just got back near home after making a new club meeting and signing up those folks as TMRA members...I decided I would stop and get me something to eat, save my wife from warming my meal up.....

I walked in not expecting them to be in there and to my surprise they had parked their bikes on the opposite side from where I pulled in ..One of his probates, jumped up and pulled out his knife and told everyone in there that he "was going to cut my "patch" off".......I had my TMRA vest on.....That didn't set well with Rubberhead, he told that probate and everyone there that I was allowed, as were my other club members to wear our "patches" in this neighborhood...Because I was one of the guys at that time that was fighting the State of Texas and the US Government for bikers rights .( this was just before ABATE)...And furthermore, that if he ever heard of any one of them giving me, or any of my club members I rode with, a hard time....that who ever it was they would be fish bait....:shock:....I got my burger and my cup of coffee to go, but I still rode off with my TMRA vest on....I, nor anyone else in my club had any problems back then from any Bandito...

Now "Rubberhead" has passed away, gone on to ride with his Bros.....I would now no more than the man in the moon ride into that or any neighborhood where the Bandits are...It's not the same as it was....I see them where I work and I will stop and chat with them about their bikes and the old days...They have always been very pleasant and congratulate me on my going back to riding again.....Shucks one of them gave me his card and asked if I wanted to join up with them..:shock:....We both had a good laugh..:cheeky1::cheeky1:...My take is this....I will be riding for mine and the wife's enjoyment...... I will not ever wear any "patch", again, unless it's a Steve Sanders "patch" or CMA.....I will wave at any biker I see and if they don't wave back..it's their loss not mine....And my wife will never wear a "patch" that says she is "property of" any one.....

Claude......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,614 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
cymru wrote:
dingdong wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:
A couple of the girls though I think might be able to kick my tail. In fact one of them told me if I did not behave she was going to body slam me. I believed her. :)

Kit

Kit:And just why did she have to tell you to behave?:shock:
My thoughts entirely! :shock::shock::cheeky1:
Diane is a big girl and she rides a 1200 sportster. We were all sitting in the yard having a beer and shooting the bull and I noticed her rear shocks were sagging a little.
So being as bashful as I am I asked her if she needed some diet beer to help out with those sagging shocks. :D She got a little miffed at me. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Then the other guys started in on her too, so she did get a little mad for a bit. All cool, I saw her in walmart a month or so ago and she gave me a hug.

Kit.
I'll say this for you Kit, you have bigger cajones than I do.:shock:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,614 Posts
imported post

I wondering what Wendy would say (or do) if I tried to put a patch on her that read "property of". I don't know exactly what, but I do know it wouldn't be pretty.
 

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
Joined
·
59,653 Posts
imported post

redbaron wrote:
I walked into this little cafe one night, where they would meet up at after they had made a ride, I wasn't even thinking that they might be there.....
Hey Red Baron,

You think me and my friends could go in there and sit with the Banditos? :D

My Friends on a Trail Ride


We have patches too..... :cooldevil:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
535 Posts
imported post

From what I have seen I will have to agree with Kit. My former neighbor who passed in 2008 at the age of 75 was a retired Harley dealer and Outlaw member. He was always nice to me and never talked much about his past for a long time. He was divorced and lived by himself. Both of us being retired we became good friends and spent a lot of time visiting each other. Once he knew he could trust me he told me some things about his past that was very interesting. He never wore his colors around me, infact we would ride together sometime, him on a Harley me on Goldwing.
That was the only funeral I ever attented with a Harley parked at the head of the casket inside the funeral home (all fluids drained) At his funeral there was a huge gathering of Outlaws. During the services the minister ask a showing of hands of people he had given a Bible to and I was one of them. He had given three, his daughter, his son and me.
I still miss him.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
156 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
Those guys are not ever going to bother a civilian.
That might be true, but it is still comforting to have a pistol at the ready!!!





This does raise a question for you guys. I have never really felt like I should be packing when I am on a long ride.

Do a lot of you carry some protection of some kind on the longer trips?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,591 Posts
imported post

whitehouse wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:
Those guys are not ever going to bother a civilian.
That might be true, but it is still comforting to have a pistol at the ready!!!





This does raise a question for you guys. I have never really felt like I should be packing when I am on a long ride.

Do a lot of you carry some protection of some kind on the longer trips?
We're getting dangerously close to a banned subject here,but I'll say this- I carry "protection" on every trip- long or short.
 

·
Forum Diplomat
Joined
·
7,368 Posts
imported post

chiefcherokee wrote:
whitehouse wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:
Those guys are not ever going to bother a civilian.
That might be true, but it is still comforting to have a pistol at the ready!!!





This does raise a question for you guys. I have never really felt like I should be packing when I am on a long ride.

Do a lot of you carry some protection of some kind on the longer trips?
We're getting dangerously close to a banned subject here,but I'll say this- I carry "protection" on every trip- long or short.
Winchester Model 12 Scatter "Instrument," breaks down neatly in two, 1/2 on each side..... legal for Canada, and almost anywhere else....... can't use it on the run, but at night... in the tent..... sehr comforting!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,591 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
redbaron wrote:
I walked into this little cafe one night, where they would meet up at after they had made a ride, I wasn't even thinking that they might be there.....
Hey Red Baron,

You think me and my friends could go in there and sit with the Banditos? :D

My Friends on a Trail Ride


We have patches too..... :cooldevil:
That's some beautiful country John. Is that near your home?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
701 Posts
imported post

I read something really funny on a message board a few years ago. The dude was saying, "be careful what you say on these message boards, one of the Hells Angels, 1%eror one of the other bad boys club members are always listening or reading what you say about them." I thinkthey have better things to do with their time. LMAO
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top