Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Its in great shape, the one I saw (photo below is not the actual) but it was just as nice.

Purred, too. Cool old bike... Suzuki GT250

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

that is a looker for sure:action:

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
imported post

Had a 67 X6 Hustler when I was younger that I delivered Western Union Telegrams on. I rode it to death for $1.00 per telegram. Good bikes. My X6 wasn't as pretty as the later GT250's but was essentially the same thing..

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

What is up with that front disk? I wonder if it brakes smooth. For a short time when I was young and foolish, I owned a Suzuki GT 500 or 550, I forget which it was. Pretty much the only thing I remember is how under braked the machine was for the power it had. Man that thing really honked pulling to the redline. It was an experience that I won't forget.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Back in '71 when I first got out of the navy I had the GT500, teal and white, 2 stroke, really would scream until the plugs fouled then it just sort of died. Good bike overall kind of wish I had kept it for a while longer.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

Nice bike!!!

I saw a mint 74 Honda CB 360 at the local Honda dealer yesterday when I went to pick up to spark plugs for my 75 CB 500 Twin.
Other than being dusty from sitting in the back room, it was perfect and ran like a fine tuned sewing machine!

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I saw a CB750 74 last night. Brings back a lot of memories, I think I'd like to have one of them again. I can still pick that one up :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I have a '79 KZ650 sitting here that needs the carbs gone through, new coils, seat, and rubber both ends.

Thought about restoring it, but I'm thinking that for as long as I've had it and done nothing with it, I should let 'er go.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
imported post

Reminds me of my days in the Air Force. My friend had one and we used to drive it in the snow

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

I think I rode behind one of those on a Ninja 250 ride. Small two stroke standard bike, smoked like it was on fire. Ugh.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,800 Posts
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
I have a '79 KZ650 sitting here that needs the carbs gone through, new coils, seat, and rubber both ends.

Thought about restoring it, but I'm thinking that for as long as I've had it and done nothing with it, I should let 'er go.
Mike,

I have been going through all the stuff that I have drug after me for the past 40 years and more. Why is it still here? We finally got a handle on it sort of. Hauled all of it down to a storage unit.

Plan on going down there in cooler weather and looking at what comes back out of there and making a final decision. Keep it? Sell it? Dump it?

My hope is to get things down to just one big box that holds everything I should need for retirement and hauling an RV around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.