Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I know there was a post on here awhile back of someone needing an Idea or method to turn around there bike in a small garage or something.

Hope this finds you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHeglNS6Ze4

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Looks interesting to say the least, but word of warning, don't push it out the garage if you live on a hill. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
imported post

How do you get it off the center stand? If you can push it forward, does it have brakes? If not you will need to use something else to make the dolly stop so you can push it off the stand.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

pastorgaster wrote:
How do you get it off the center stand? If you can push it forward, does it have brakes? If not you will need to use something else to make the dolly stop so you can push it off the stand.
what he said...

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Better yet, get a bike jack. They work very well for moving a bike around a garage. I used to turn my bikes around in my shop with a bike jack, it was easier than turning them around on their own wheels and faster and you have the jack for working on the bike.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Wow at those lights. Bet it looks like a 747 coming down the road.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
imported post

What I would give to have an empty garage...

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Yea,if that was my garage,it'd have to be a fictional video. I sometimes have barely enough room to stand on something like that and turn myself around.:dude:

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Guys I finally done it,my Garage is clean and has been for 5 or 6 months now.
I finally firgued it out or just got tired of never having room or not finding anything everytime I needed something to do a 5 minute job it would take 30 minutes looking for the tool I needed.
It boils down to 2 things in my book.
If you get it out PUT IT BACK UP.
If you have not used it in the last 12 months YOU DON'T NEED IT.
Anyhow this is what has worked for me.....

I agree with exaivd,i just use my motorcycle jack to put my bike werever needed and I have it for working on the bike as well.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
imported post

kyboy67 wrote:
Get behind me Satan! :D

What about the things in your garage that you throw away that you need right after you throw it away? ;)

Oh yeah, how does one get a goldwing off of that scooter? He must have had the engine out of that thing because I know it takes me more than one try to get mine on the center stand.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Conley wrote:
kyboy67 wrote:
Get behind me Satan! :D

What about the things in your garage that you throw away that you need right after you throw it away? ;)

Oh yeah, how does one get a goldwing off of that scooter? He must have had the engine out of that thing because I know it takes me more than one try to get mine on the center stand.
Thats what I always used to say and that is why I always had a garage full.

I kept a tool I said I would always use one day for 10 years ,when the day came I needed it,I knew I had it but looked for 3 days and finally went out a bought another one...........

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
imported post

I KNOW exactly what you mean. It turns out my son and wife like to take tools and not return them to where they are supposed to be. I have double fo a couple items in the tool chest.

I have actually gotten rid of several garbage bags full of 'stuff'. My wife keeps giving me the 12 month speech and she is probably right. I am finding that I need more room for my GW stuff, so the garage isn't getting any bigger for sure. I have some cleaning in order to keep the peace with wifey. :)

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
imported post

All garages must have hidden magnets that only attract motor vehicles, tools, etc, and have artificial intelligence to discriminate their owners interests.

Why else would my Garage be full of bikes and vintage snowmobiles?

An empty garage is blasphemy.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

They just did a bit on that in a mag will have to find it but they sell for $130.00 which aint bad but i know some of you will be making your own

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

my garage is not as wide as the bike so may have a problem there and its not a flat floor either, definatly have a problem there

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Just one of the guys
4,814 Posts
imported post

Getting it UP on the stand looks like no problem, but usually you push the bike forward to get it DOWN. With this rig you would have to block the wheels of the plate to get it to stay put while you push the bike forward off from it. Does it have brakes on the tires to help with this or are you on your own to find a solution.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.