Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Was thinking of upgrading the headsets to bluetooth so I can answer calls while riding, but I still want to listen to my XM and talk to the boss behind me. Was wondering if these did all that AND how good they do it. I know I asked this question a little while back but that was before I decided on these. (need to know quickly as they go off sale at the end of the month)

Thanks

:action::cooldj:;)

·
Administrator
26,175 Posts
imported post

I like my Q2s, they work really well for the price. Works perfectly for bluetooth phone and for communicating with another rider but as far as listening to music through it the sound quality is not that great but I doubt any helmet headset is going to have very good stereo sound. I was just going to post a thread about how happy I am with the warranty. One of the speaker wires pulled out of the base and I contacted them, was told to send it in and they replaced it free of charge and I had it back in less than a week. I really didn't expect them to replace it for free since I probably accidentally pulled the wire out somehow.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

I have to wear ear-plugs, always, because of severe work related damage. Consequently, the Q2's just don't do it for me, and the sound quality is horrific, if you like music. I am comparing them to my Koss large Titanium drivers, which are much larger than those tiny little drivers on the Q2. The Koss drivers are 10 to 50 times better, in my opinion. And, that's with ear plugs. If we used larger drivers on the Q2's, the battery life would go south. The local Scala dealer is hoping they resolve the sound quality soon, but I'm not holding my breath. He has several other choices, and, it's the same problem. Bottom line fidelity, no volume, and short battery life. I've tried about everything that's out there, and nothing beats cords. As much as I hate wires. That's my take, anyway.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
imported post

My Q2 works great for me, but my hearing is so bad have to wear hearing aids. I may not be a very good judge sound quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.