Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

First time post to this site...
Would someone be willing to scan an owners manual for me and send it to me? I have all the other repair books, but I would really like to see what the original owners manual has to say.
Thanks a lot!, Brian (in Maine)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Internet, Brian!:waving::waving:

Sorry I can't help with the GL1100, but hang in there maybe someone here can.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

Hello Brian. I think I have an owners manual off an 82 model. I'll look around for it this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks a lot Joe! That would be AWESOME!
-Brian Trauger

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

I have been looking for a manual for my 'new'82 GL 1100. so far, no luck.

If there is a scanned copy out there, and chance of a copy??

Thanks.

Maplewingnut.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

I never did get that scan :(
Oh well, anybody else?

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
imported post

Guys have you checked out ebay? when I bought my 'new' '81 gl1100 I needed a lot of help. I bought a cd containing a clymbers manual, honda manual & honda parts manual. also purchased a haynes for bedtime reading too. the disc has been invaluable & worth looking out for. the best place however is here on this site. There's nothing that these guys won't be able to help you with. good luck

·
Premium Member
4,473 Posts
imported post

Hey brianinmaine, I have the Honda Service, Parts, and Owners manual for the GL1100 on CD. Will that work? If so send me a pm with an address to send it to.

~teacher~~~

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

I found that the Haynes manuals go to 1981 and then the next one from 1984 on. they seem to have been on vacation when the 1982 came out. I decided to go with the '81 Haynes and hope that nothing too critical happened between the '81 and te '82 versions.

I also found the Clymer which covers the GL1100 from 75 to 83, so I'm bidding on both on e-bay.

Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
imported post

Gentlemen, Jackjohn gave you the link to get a new owners manual for your bike, the price is very reasonable at $20 plus $5 shipping, they made the original manuals for Honda, and I have one for my 81, and the quality is just like the one that came with the bike, only it's brand new. They also have the factory service manuals, it is ok to have a scan, but actually having the manual is better. And be careful of the e-bay manuals, it is pricy sometimes to get one off of e-bay that might be used and you could have bought a new one cheaper. Teacher has a very good CD with the service manual on it that works great, and a whole lot cheaper than buying one off e-bay. I've used it already, and it is worth the time.:D

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?class%5F2=AHC&mk=Honda+Motorcycle&yr=1980&md=On%2DRoad&dt=Owner+Manuals&module=&from=result&Style=&Sku=3146300&itemtype=N&mscsid=WE6T1QTARBD98JJ137EF5MCE8NL1CKMB

Gene:waving::15grey::15grey::15grey::cooler:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.