1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

1/20/2012 1:08 AM

Can’t get to sleep tonight. Tried, then ended up watching a very old flick with James Caan as a Submarine Training officer on the British super secret X mini subs. It was said to be the precursor movie genre to bring on the likes of “The Hunt for Red October”.

Back to no sleep.

I had to make a long drive today over to Wickenburg to pick up some things we needed here in Mesa.

On the way, I was traveling in the HOV lane at the stated speed limit of 70 mph on I-17 north.

All of a sudden, a sport bike with two up and her hanging on because she almost got dumped, this bike’s idiot driver jumps out of the lane or three he was in, it was not the lane beside me, he came out of the 2 or 3 lanes over to the right.

He pops up in front of me so close that I almost rear ended him. I slam on the brakes so hard the ABS kicks in. Even at 45-50 mph he pulls the throttle so hard that the front wheel lifts up clearing the ground just a bit, slams down and lifts up again, then levels out.

His girl friend nearly slid off the back of that bike. I was scared she would fall and started for the left berm.

While this was going on, I held down on the horn to let him know his/her life was in peril.

Then he rides along at 55 mph for maybe 3 miles before pulling back over to the right and letting the HOV lane of traffic go on.

I wanted to stop him and ring his stupid neck.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I hate running over those...

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
imported post

He will think he is cool until the inevitable happens, if he has a passenger they both will suffer the consequences of his foolishness.

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
imported post

Lets hope the girl has the good sense to never get on behind him again, assuming they made it to where they were going.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Next time note the license plate & let the LEO's go have a chat with him. As a minimum I could see Illegal lane change, reckless endangerment & Impeding the flow of traffic. As a concerned citizen you have the right to lodge a complaint. At least they will have his license & can watch out for him.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Several years ago I saw something similar at a bike rally. Everyone going by revving up their engines and making a bunch of racket. This one bike that barely looked street legal due to it really being junky looking, comes by with the others making his racket with his girl on the back (no helmets). Well the throttle hung wide open, he lost his grip on the clutch, wheelied, dropped the gal and he rode it into a group of umpteen thousand dollar bikes knocking them down.

Some people really need a good butt kicking.

Luckily the girl was alright after laying in the middle of the street for 10 minutes and dufus got a ticket for being stupid.......

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
imported post

these crouch rockets must really up the stats on motorcycle accedents and deaths. wonder if anyone has done a study. my son wants one, i said no and am pointing him toward a shadow or like.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

Is that how they got the name zoomsplat?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

larryinseattle wrote:
Is that how they got the name zoomsplat?
In this case it might be zoom-slide-scrape-thump-thump for the passenger.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

Saw one of them road-kill's this morning on the 60. Guy did a wheelie from the slow lane to the HOV lane at 7:30 this morning (that's 5 lanes I do believe, right during rush hour). At least he was by himself.

All you can do is shake yer head and keep on ridin'. :thumbsdown: They need to start segregating the motorcycle crash stats between sport bike riders and the others. What's funny is that because of idiots like that, idiots like that pay less for their insurance than I do because mine has a bigger displacement.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Back in the 80's you couldn't get insurance from most carriers for some of the new bikes like the FJ1100(might be wrong on the model). Many dealers had certain models sitting on the floors discounted heavily just to get rid of them.

·
Itinerant Wing Preacher
875 Posts
imported post

newday777 wrote:
Back in the 80's you couldn't get insurance from most carriers for some of the new bikes like the FJ1100(might be wrong on the model). Many dealers had certain models sitting on the floors discounted heavily just to get rid of them.
Call your agent and tell him you bought a Hayabusa:readit: Wait for the nervous laugh and listen for the cash register bell:shock:. Jay

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

Big Port Jimmy 6 wrote:
Call your agent and tell him you bought a Hayabusa:readit: Wait for the nervous laugh and listen for the cash register bell:shock:. Jay
believe it or not the insurance is not all that bad for a Hayabusa. It is titled as a sport touring bike. same as st1300

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Some people make for great entertainment for the rest of us.

Not everyone of them is riding a sportbike, some are riding cruisers and some are even riding Goldwings.

Darwin's theory works in mysterious ways!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.