Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No wonder some people have been mistaking my SW with a sport bike. For those who say they wouldn't ride fast on those little scooter wheels take a look at this somewhat blurry picture of a Silverwing beside a Hayabusa. The Silverwing is on the right.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
I'm right behind ya, Sarge...... those people just haven't had the Big Scoot experience! Here's our rented Honda Integra and me somewhere in Italy tucked right into a gang of sport bikes. A super-scoot is for sure on my shopping list....... Relatively cheap to buy, inexpensive to run, easy to handle, comfortable, "elderly"-friendly.....what's not to like? A touring scooter makes all the sense in the world.....

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Honda is missing the boat by not bringing in some of those. Looks interesting but you can't get them here. Nope, in the USA most of the new bikes are just more variations on V twins.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Our rental was a very impressive machine.....104 mph top end....54 British horse power.....once I got over being upset about the shop's Honda Transalp being already rented and unavailable, I got used to it's capabilities within five miles! Wish I had one........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NC700D_Integra

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Wow, I think that Integra is very good-looking. Never seen one on the road though. 8500 euros is not cheap (even relatively) but I'm curious to know how it rides.

No-nos for me on the (small) scooters I'ver tried are the twist-and-go, no gearbox experience and the handling/geometry with small wheels. This one seems to have a real gearbox, albeit automatic, and larger wheels...how does that feel? Do you hear the gears changing? Is cornering more like a traditional motorcycle.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd like to see the Integra in person, the handling ought to be pretty good, my Silverwing would have eaten my breakfast on my old Triumph Thunderbird. Odd, that both Thunderbird and Integra are also car names.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
...No-nos for me on the (small) scooters I'ver tried are the twist-and-go, no gearbox experience and the handling/geometry with small wheels. This one seems to have a real gearbox, albeit automatic, and larger wheels...how does that feel? Do you hear the gears changing? Is cornering more like a traditional motorcycle.
On my MP3-500, the Automatic Transmission is great, and the handling is comparible to a 600cc sport bike (eg Easy to flick side-to-side, due to light weight). I refer to it as my "sport bike that will not wheelie." All in all, it's very fun to ride, especially for short hops around town.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
I like my 600cc Silverwing with the step through design and ease of use. Enough power to surprise most V-twins and has enough on-board storage to take to go grocery shopping. 50 mpg too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.