Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Well its been mentioned before i know, but i came across a solution during my task to restore a screen for a friend. This screen was 5 years old and in a bad way to say the lease. What ever solution was used to clean the screen in earlier years was never removed. So with scratches ,grime and this solution in-bedded in the screens i had my work cut out.
After trying Meguires plastic restorer which i know is good stuff but not enough for this job. I came across a great two part solution which is super stuff. Its made up of a polishing kit with two grades of solution and both work well I used B type first ( Lower Grade) followed by A which removed the bad stains and scratches and again finishing off with B grade. It did a powerful job and i recommend to all, and its an Irish product.The kit costs € 40 + postage and worth every penny,
Here are the contact details.

Harry Mathews.087 6575757 or www.glasspolish.ie. This is a professional solution which works.

I have Harrys permission to let you have his details.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

chris in va wrote:
I guess that's great for folks in Ireland.
It sure is, but it is available to all..:waving::waving:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Surely that stuff has to be available in America as well? Did you happen to take before and after pictures of your own screen Swagger?

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
imported post

Another idea I thought I should mention. Just recently I had internal cracking in the wind screen and I used a propane torch to reactivate the plastic through heat. Just don't let the torch stay in one spot. Let the flames hit the shield and wave the torch back and forth.

Glad you were able to fix yours the safer way! When solutions don't work, try propane.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
imported post

3M makes and awesome 1500-2000 grit scratch remover for clearcoat paint on cars. This works great to refresh scratched windshields. Mine was almost grey it was scratched so bad, it took about 1.5 hours of polishing but the windshield looks as good as new and now cleaning it regularly is a breeze.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
Surely that stuff has to be available in America as well? Did you happen to take before and after pictures of your own screen Swagger?
Hard to do Fitz,shots didn't show a lot, ...but i assure you this was bad but after about four hours work the out come was brilliant :waving:

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
imported post

3M also makes a 2 or 3 step Plasticpolish for marine use. I have used it before with very good results. I think Boat Owners Warehouse stocks it and also West Marine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.