Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

If the scratches are only surface scatches, sometimes they can be buffed out with a rubbing compound, followed by a buffing with chrome polish. if they are deep though, it has to be either repaired and rechromed, or replaced.:(

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
imported post

I agree Dragoon autosol is fabulous stuff,the only downfall is here in Canada it is very very expensive.
I bought a small tube and it was almost $20,but works great!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

I have two tubes of Solvol Autosol in my tool box. Have had them for 20 years!! It is a metal polish - I use it sparingly!! I got it in Ireland before moving to Canada 20 years ago!!I suspect it is the same stuff. Great polish!!

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

a couple weeks ao I bit the dust on my 1200 and it scratched my new bumper guard and looks to be a non surface scrape but deeper, so Im doubtful any rub-on stuff will fix it.....youd have to look real close to see it , but its still thier..........damn what a pisser:(

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
imported post

Got 4 tube of Autosol from a gasstation closing down, for 10 bucks US dollars.
Had 2 from before, so I`m a happy polisher, with no much chrome :)

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

silverbull666 wrote:
Got 4 tube of Autosol from a gasstation closing down, for 10 bucks US dollars.
Had 2 from before, so I`m a happy polisher, with no much chrome :)
does that mean your gonna sell me a tube? :)

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

We have several different types of chrome and all take a different way of repair. Some is plastic and/or ABS, others is powder coat chrome and of course the one we all love real chrome on metal. The later being the hardest in both tehcnical and repair.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
imported post

I was told to use Autosol on all my collector watches from a watch builder who I bought from in Geneva. When I got home to Canada, I mentioned the great results to Hurst Yamaha whom I had bought my bike with (they started stocking it after their own tests on a tube I gave them). I use it on many other surfaces including my headlights and my windshield. It is readily available in Canada and the EU, but very hard to find in the USA. I have a good source so PM me if you need to know as I am not allowed to mention it on this forum. However, don’t take my word. Owning a Valk, I have plenty of experience in taking care of chrome, so here is a totally independent review of the product. Note it has five stars for use and results, yet only three for availability.

[align=center]Totally independant motorcycle review of Autosol: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/reviews/AutosolReview.htm[/align]

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Dragoon wrote:
...I am not allowed to mention it on this forum. However, don’t take my word...

[align=center]Totally independant motorcycle review of Autosol: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/reviews/AutosolReview.htm[/align]
The problem there is you were trying to use the forum as an outlet for your commercial interests and that isn't allowed, that's probably why some of your posts were deleted.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
imported post

I have been made very aware of that fact. However, I am allowed to espouse my views about Autosol. Note I did not mention where you can get it at a reasonable price, just a link to a totally independent review.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
imported post

twowheeler wrote:
not talking about a surface cleaner rather for taking scrathes out
Check the link to the total motorcycle review. I use 100+ grit steel wool to remove scratches.

I have bad eye i guess but they look gret for me.

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

read that article b4 but doesnt say anything about taking out scratches that have cut throw the chrome

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
imported post

I can only speak from experience. However, i have never had a deep scratch because autosol is also a protectorate.

Caveat emptor.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.