Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi, i,me a newbie to this site as you might of quessed, and am finding it mighty helpful, and full of exellent info and guidence for which i thank you all very much, especially steve.

at the moment i am looking to buy the GL1800 and after looking and trying one the only thing that bothers me is the screen hight, i like to look over the screen not through it and it is just to high for me to do this. so does anyone know as to wether you can get a lower screen or if you can get the original one lowered by an inch or two, its the only problem i can find with the bike but its enough of a problem toput me on hold with the bike purchase. having had a valkyrie with large screen i just found it terrible to ride in bad weather as in seeing through it when it was raining heavy.

really hope you guys can help on this matter as i really want the bike

regards

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Hi twodogs, welcome to the forum. The stock screen at it's lowest height is quite low, anyone over about 5' 9" should be able to see over it easily. You can get aftermarket shorter screens. If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll dig out some links for you when I get home from work tonight.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

that,ll do nicely ciaran, me thinks that is just about the job sorted becouse that was really the only thing holding me back

many thanks,

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

um why dont u cut a couple of inches of da top ?????

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

TheBreeze wrote:
um why dont u cut a couple of inches of da top ?????
Many people aren't comfortable with that idea. It's easy enough for us to do with a jigsaw and some sandpaper to polish the edges, but if you haven't got the inclination then it's probably better to buy another screen and keep your old one for a spare.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Right first of all i would like to thank you all for your help and advice, much appreciated.

just to let you know that i,ve managed to get a run on an 1800 and the screen hight on the lower setting was fine, could see over the top no problem.

thought the bike was absolutely brilliant 100% better at just about everything than i thought it would be. and have just bought one.

regards BOB

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey twodogs :waving: Your welcome to the forum. :clapper: Now you have just saved yourself $200. :jumper: You can use this money for all the bits and pieces that can be bought for the :18red:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

have already spent it REDWING got some inner bags for the cases. well the accessory trawl had to start somewhere i suppose. lol.

thanks for the welcome

regards

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

twodogs wrote:
have already spent it REDWING got some inner bags for the cases.

thanks for the welcome
Hey twodogs :waving: The bags are a good purchase helps to keep all the bits together when carrying luggage. :clapper:

:grinner: :18red: :grinner:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Welcome twodogs and ride safe on your new 1800. :waving:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.