Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello Everyone:

I was wondering if anyone knows how to put one of these headlight modulators on a GL1800. This is the style that you have to hard wire into the lights. I have been told that the 1800 has a different setup for the headlights then the 1500 did. But there must be a way of doing this without having to buy a new unit for the 1800.

Thanks for any and all help.

Brian

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the board Brian. My understanding is that there is a unit specifically for the 1800 and I don't know anyone who adapted a 1500 unit into the later bike.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

The 1800 has two low beam and two high beam lights, wired so if one light burns out the other will function.

It takes a unit designed for the 1800, a unit made for the 1500 will not work or carry the watt load.

I have a signal dynamics modulator on my bike, a little more trouble to install, but an exceptionally good unit, and you can turn it off and on with the handlebar hi/lo beam it modulates both hi and low and when you hit the horn it FLASHES them. :D Kit

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
imported post

I like the horn/flashing light feature.

That little extra bit of effort to get their attention just might help someone. Worth it in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks Everyone for your input. I have a question for Kit, I have the Diamond Star Modulator wired in my GL1500, so if I read you correctly that one won't handle the wattage requiremnet of the GL1800.

Thanks again to everyone for your help

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

w8tfi wrote:
Thanks Everyone for your input. I have a question for Kit, I have the Diamond Star Modulator wired in my GL1500, so if I read you correctly that one won't handle the wattage requiremnet of the GL1800.

Thanks again to everyone for your help
Depends on how old and what model your unit in your 1500 is. This model is made for any dual headlight bike. If you are planning on transferring yours or keeping it if it is this model number it will work fine. This one is standard install on the 1800 at all the Honda shops and is the one I put on my bike. I have the instructions somewhere if need be.
Diamond Star Headlight Module check yours and see if the number is the same.
Kit
Never mind the install instructions are on this link also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.