Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
imported post

Yes I just bought my 1993 GL1500 and it does stagger or hesitate from idle everytime I take-off!!!
I hate it. The bike has stalled out many times.

My GL1200 never once had this problem!!

A very frustrated Steve!

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

That sounds like the GL1500 hesitation to me.

I am not sure if this was supposed to be fixed by the time the '93's came along. I know it was an issue with the '88 and '89's. maybe some other members can contribute an opinion on this.

If you do a search on this site for 'trigger wheel' you will learn lots. Essentially I gather it advances the timing by 4°. It seems that Honda were constrained by emission requirements. The thing I dont like about the trigger wheel is thatit may require you to run a higher octane gas. Personally I like the fact that my wing runs on regular and I feel I am paying enough for gas already.

The other possible option is to replace the primary or slow jets in the carbs. I have bought the recommended jets for my '89, but I am a bit intimidated by the carbs on the 1500. I am familiar with the insides of the carbs on my 1100, but I have yet to find the carbs on the 1500.

I have the 4° trigger wheel and also have the jets. My preference is to try the jets first and see what happens. If I ever figure out where the carbs are, I will rip into them and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
imported post

:waving:

SeaFoam????????????

I seen some when at sea on submarines a couple of times... ;)

The stuff in the can, it can cure some problems with carberators,,, maybe.

It will not cure everything,, Arthritis comes to mind as I try to type this..:sadguy:

I wish it did it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!:byebye:

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger Steve wrote:
Sea Foam...
Anyone heard of it?
I used some in my bike this afternoon. A bike shop recommended it to me for cleaning out sluggish jets in the carbs of my GL1500 Goldwing.
No miracles as yet. Will keep you posted!

Goldwinger Steve
Greatest thing since canned beer.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger Steve wrote:
Yes I just bought my 1993 GL1500 and it does stagger or hesitate from idle everytime I take-off!!!
I hate it. The bike has stalled out many times.

My GL1200 never once had this problem!!

A very frustrated Steve!
OT:

I've had my 93 for 6 years and have had no problems as you describe.

Run a half bottle of SeaFoam thru on a tand of fresh gas, the last half in the next tank.

Get the air cleaner off and pour some thru the carbs while running, let it stall out, and sit for 15 min. Now is a good time to change spark plugs, too.

Replace air filter with new.

Let us know how it runs then.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
imported post

I'm sick and tired of hearing all these fantastic things about SeaFoam and Marvel Mystery Oil.

WE CAN'T GET IT OVER HERE !!!:sadguy:

The "Richard Cranium" Turtle Wax importer had never heard of Marvel and flatly refused to import it.

Any overseas U.S. Military personel wanna compliment their salary ?

Dave.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
imported post

It's possible you can order it online to get it shipped to Europe. I would do it!

Good luck.
Steve :)

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
imported post

I need a few cans, not a******* container load !!!!!.

So frustrating, I could spit. In fact worst case scenario ...... go postal !!!

You have a s**tload of really cool stuff over there but there's the problem that 99% won't ship outside the continetal US and if they do there'a little "problem" called the Atlantic Ocean.

If all those companies started shipping abroad without the self invented abnoxious freight charges, your trade deficeit would disappear over night.

Bikers without Seafoam and Mystery Oil UNITE. Rise up against this injustice !!!!!

I'll stop now. Need my medication

NURSE !!!!

Dave.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Hey GWSteve , as i hope you know , we build our cities AROUND the local Canadian Tire stores !
I dont think you could find a 6 year old kid who hasent been in one with his dad.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.