Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I read somewhere, in these pages where a little Sea Foam in the engine oil could be a good thing. I can't seem to locate the topic for the amount to add to new oil, if I ever getthe oil & filterchanged. I did a search on Sea Foam but that thread did not display.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

they suggest that you place 1 oz for every quart of oil, run about 100 miles and then change oil to enclude oil filter.

Ride Safe, Ray

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
imported post

i got mine at napa

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Aspengold wrote:
Thanks Ray!
Your welcome, I may suggest that you have the engine warm as the seafoam will thin out and making a cold start hard, ask me I found out the hard way and thought I had a starter issue, but as they say when you change something go back before the change and it ussually fixes itself. Just my .02 worth:)

Ride Safe, Ray

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

You can use it in oil or gas. Gas is 1 oz per gallon. You can get it at Walmart too.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

hello i have been wondering about using seafoam on my engine. its running good but would run better, the clutch is not slipping but when releasing it sounds funny, i wonder if seafoam would help or make it worse. any experiences with the clutch after seafoam??. please report!! :)

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
imported post

I have seafoam in my oil. Bike sat outside for two days of 17f degrees and cranked over and started right up. 1986 SE-i. Cranked a little slow but not bad, the bike had not ran in a while before I attemped to start it.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I put 10 ounces into my gas tank and filled it with the highest octane Sunoco gas. After lettingthe enginerun for 1/2 hour I noticed a little difference. Today when I started the engine to warm it up for the oil change the difference in the engine was nothing less than amazing. Faster start, smoother idle, more responsive acceleration. I think I will add some to the oil, warm up the engine for another 1/2 hourand let it set over the cold season and changethe oil againpretty quick in the Spring. Ifit made that much difference in 1/2 hour to the fuel system I can't wait to see what difference it will make to the oil system over the winter. :cooler:

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Seafoam and other solvents are not meant to be run, IMHO, in the oil except for short periods of time to clean sludge etc. Thinning out the oil like that may damage bearings, rings, etc. Better to use lower viscosity oil in the winter than thin out oil with a solvent..jsut my .02

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.