Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Down here in Australia we can not purchase SEA foam , tried all the other fuel cleaners with no results , i saw on the forum somebody give themake up for sea foam .

can anybody help

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Now if you can figure out what "pale oil" is.. and the exact percentages.. Probably the cleaning comes from the alcohol (IPA) and the naptha..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

GERRY,

I "make my own", and don't believe that Seafoam has a magic formula for the perfect percentages of everything, for every application.

Sooooo, I just mix naptha (Coleman camp-stove fuel) and 91% isopropyl alcohol. More naptha, than alcohol, but I don't even bother to measure them.

I recently "home-foamed" my GL1100.

First, dumped a liter or so(slowly) down the intake (smokes, but not as much as real seafoam in the vacuum lines)(I imagine the seafaom smoke is mostly the burning oil).

Then, I dumped about a half liter in the gas tank. 150 miles later, I dumped another half liter in the oil.

Drove about 75 miles, and changed the oil. I really don't trust my mixture in the oil for a long time, as it thins things out, and gets pretty gross.

For the oil change, I don't take any chances.... I pour in new cheap oil, cheap filter (I have a screw-on and can get filters for $3) run it a bit, dump it.

Then I put in the good filter, and new good oil.

I have no idea if the home-foam helps at all. It makes me feel good, I guess.

At less than $12 for 6 liters, it's a whole lot cheaper than Seafoam ($9 for 450ml)

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
imported post

Biker highly recommended Motul Engine Clean from the Honda stealership. $13 a can. I put it inthe oiland let it idle 15 minutes before changing the oil and when I checked the pan there was several pieces I thought might be metal but they crumbled in my hand. Carbon I would think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.