Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i was reading the seafoam website, they say you can put it your oil as well as the gasoline. has any one used it to clean the engine in the oil? would you put in any time or just before an oil change?

i generally put stp jet cleaner(2 tbsp) in each fill up, would seafoam work better to keep jets on the limited's fuel injection clean?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

thanks i'm sorry i missed it.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

No Problem

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
imported post

No problem, but some are wary of the stator in the 1200s.

Me? still now problem, Sea Foam will not dissolve the insulation.

It will however, remove all of the crude in the crankcase that may have built up over the years.

To me, that is a good thing.

In the fuel tank, you can't get it too rich. However, if you dump in a full can per tank of gas, you will observe some exhaust smoke. that is normal, just keep on riding and it will do its' magic.

My best results have been to dump in a full can to about 1 or 2 gallons of fuel. ride it around for 5 minutes or so sloshing the fuel real good.

Then I put the bike on the center stand, let it idle for 30 minutes or so and kill the engine.

Let that soak for a day or two. It was 2 days for me, next time I started it, the idle was noticeably improved. Rode to the gas station, topped it up and rode it out. Next tank of fuel, I put in a full can. Did that for 3 tanks of fuel.

I bought my bike after it had been sitting most of a year, with very casual short rides only. It did not idle worth a dern, but does real well now, and Sea Foam is the only thing I did to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.