Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Looks like a tune-up in a can.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

You can find it at Napa, but a word of caution.

Add it right as you are filling your EMPTY gas tank. I say this because Seafoam seems to increase predetonation by about 1 pump's worth. (In other words, if you fill up with the cheap stuff, spring for the mid-grade.) This stuff is absolutley amazing. If you add it into your gas tank at 1 FLOz per US gallon (Sorry, I don't know the conversions) it will dissolve carbon knots on your valve stems, and generally flush goop out of the engine. You can also add it to the oil about 500 miles before you do an oil change, and it will dissolve any gunk that has been forming.Take notethough, if you do this, a glob of grease that has been sitting happily in a little nook may come loose and clog up an oil galley, or the pump intake screen.

Other ways to use it:

Bring the engine to operating tempurature, and then feed it full-strength into the fuel line. (A TEE fitting with a modle airplane fueling syrenge works well if you use a pair of hemostats to clamp off the main line at the right moment.) As soon as the engine begins to sputter, you kill it. Let it sit for 15 mins, and then fire it back up. (If you want to, you can draw the seafoam out of the fuel line with the syringe first, it'll make it start easier.) When it starts, there will be a huge cloud of white smoke as all of the seafoam and carbon is burned off. Best to do this out in the country, and not in your apartment complex parking lot.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Philcsand wrote:

"If you add it into your gas tank at 1 FLOz per US gallon (Sorry, I don't know the conversions)"

Okay... how much Seafoam to the gallon, or liter?

1oz Seafoam(1gal/128oz)(3.7854 L/1 gal)(1000ml/1 L) = 29.573 ml (or cc)Seafoam per gallon.

And

(29.573 ml/3.7854 L per gal) = 7.812 ml (or cc) per liter.

It sure wouldhavebeennice if the US went to the metric system like the rest of the world! I remember learningthe metric systemin grade school because the US was going to it, but it never happened.

Anybody learning science at a universityhere in thestates, has to learnthe metric system (along with the dimensional analysis shown above)because that'sall thatscience uses.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
It sure wouldhavebeennice if the US went to the metric system like the rest of the world!
Hey axelwik, :waving:Did you not know that the U.S. is away behind the rest of us in technology, :baffled: thats why all these guys can buy their :15red::18red:in the states for little money. :jumper:The dealers dont know the correct prices, :whip: they are still using the price list of at least ten yrs ago. :crying:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
axelwik wrote:
It sure wouldhavebeennice if the US went to the metric system like the rest of the world!
Hey axelwik, :waving:Did you not know that the U.S. is away behind the rest of us in technology, :baffled: thats why all these guys can buy their :15red::18red:in the states for little money. :jumper:The dealers dont know the correct prices, :whip: they are still using the price list of at least ten yrs ago. :crying:

Who ever said we can do math here in the states... after all, our 6th graders can't do simple things like algebra.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Who ever said we can do math here in the states... after all, our 6th graders can't do simple things like algebra.
Ahh the sadness of it all :crying:All we poor dummies could do was to put the first men on the moon, develop the supercomputer, the Hubble telescope, world's fastest plane, first suborbital private rocket, world's greatest military, and McDonalds. Just think what we could have done if we weren't so damn dumb!

:whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
axelwik wrote:
Ahh the sadness of it all :crying:All we poor dummies could do was to put the first men on the moon, develop the supercomputer, the Hubble telescope, world's fastest plane, first suborbital private rocket, world's greatest military, and McDonalds. Just think what we could have done if we weren't so damn dumb!

:whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip:

TheAmericans who didthe things you described above were educated in a different time. The K-12 education system we now have fails at teaching even the fundamentals.

Here's an example... I'm not making this up. I was in a mathematics labatthe University yesterday. There was a freshman college student there (fresh out of high school) and she was having trouble with fractions. Not trouble adding, subtracting, multiplying, or dividing them. She was having trouble with the concept of what a fraction is!

Many high school graduates can't even put a proper sentence together or grasp what an author is trying to say with the written word. Believe me, I've seen their papers and sat in class with them.

Thankfully, the University system in the states is one of the best in the world. It's sad, however, that colleges and universities must take up the slack by providing remedial classes for students who don’t meet standards.

Also to be thankful for in America is an environment where innovation, resourcefulness, and hard work can also get you far… emphasis on hard work.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Ahh the sadness of it all :crying:world's greatest military.
Hey exavid, :gunhead: Your reading too many books. :gunhead: The U.S. might have the biggest military, :clapper: but you dont have the greatest or best trained. :stumped:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
exavid wrote:
Ahh the sadness of it all :crying:world's greatest military.
Hey exavid, :gunhead: Your reading too many books. :gunhead: The U.S. might have the biggest military, :clapper: but you dont have the greatest or best trained. :stumped:

Too many Americans seem to feel that America has the greatest this, biggest that, or the best this. A lot of arrogance, but not much knowledge of the other 95 percent of the world.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Why do they call it SeaFoam? Why not SuperDuperEngineTuner?:baffled:

Why, oh, why?:crying:

Hobie

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
imported post

Metric system suck's why turn the good ol USA into a limp wristed frenchy speaking, society? lol I'd rather have steak! 123 math, and a good paycheck! no sharing here my libral friend, I'm a Vet I should be gettin paid by the US! Dig what i'm aying here leep it American, already done screwed up enough with cheap Chinease and foriegn influence!

I'm trying to count US buck's let's not blow the scene baby.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
imported post

When we can get three or four metic dollars for ea. US then I'm game! already hate wastin money on metric tools with stupid increments, kinda like algrebra usless unless your a engineer type, (someone who never really works for a living, another suit, same has an officer in the military) I love the working class!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

"Ahh the sadness of it all :crying:All we poor dummies could do was to put the first men on the moon, develop the supercomputer, the Hubble telescope, world's fastest plane, first suborbital private rocket, world's greatest military, and McDonalds. Just think what we could have done if we weren't so damn dumb!"

Don't forget the weed-eater... the chain saw... Vice-Grip pliers... the accordion fold windshield sun screen... the thermostat... the light bulb... the atom bomb... the radial tire... vulcanized rubber... nylon... teflon... superglue... velcro... and a 4.3 trillion dollar national budget... amoung other things...

As a high school teacher, I can honestly say, the problem with America's youth isn't the educational system... it's equally divided between two things:

1: Poor parenting; most parents really don't really want to be bothered by their own children. Most of today's youth are over-indulged and spoiled. The parents don't really care what they're kids are up to as long as they're not overly troublesome. IE: "Here's money, an X-box, a cell phone... whatever... just go away and leave me alone. They buy them unlimited texting on their phones... and then wonder why they're failing at school! In my classroom rules... I won't agree to meet a parent unless they're willing to show up with a 30 day cell phone report of their childs number. In the last eight years I've had 1... parent conference. ONE! I have 10 or 12 parents per year call and set appointments... then when they see what their kids are doing online and on their phone... they call and cancel. The problem is self evident...

2: We live in a media driven culture of constant contact devices and convenience. This generation rules by constantly polling and asking others for advice. They never generate much of anything new... they are great consumers and poor producers! They have never had to WORK... for anything they currently have. EXAMPLE: If you want to completely freak out a 16 year old... take there GD cell phone, send them into Walmart to buy a loaf of bread. They'll freak the hell out! What colour do I buy? White or wheat? (By the way... what exactly IS wheat? OMG! LOL!) What brand do I get? How much is a reasonable price? What size loaf do I want... OMG! I need my CELL! I need to call my mommy! STFU! I can't figure this out! WHAT do I do?

They'll have a friggin' nervous breakdown, right there in the produce isle.

Today's generation is so used to being in constant contact with everyone and everything... they are so used to having their thoughts and descision making process pre-digested and fed to them through a media driven world that they cannot make a real choice about anything... without sending four text messages, two web-shots and making three cell phone calls to assure themselves that they are indeed... buying the right friggin' loaf of bread! Get a grip!

Weaklings... all of them. This is the reason I will die on the job! Trying my damnest to impart to just a few the concepts of fractions... or even decimal numbers... or engineering or architectural scale or what a complete sentence looks like... or how to figure a percentage. geez!

This generation isn't ready to take over. They're clueless! I will never be able to retire... I will die at my desk fighting marginalism and mediocrasy.

It isn't the schools that are failing... it's us... all of us... as a society. Wake up and smell the teenage pregancy rate... we need to take tougher a stance on our own children.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
imported post

AND OF COURSE IT IS EVERYONE ELSES PROBLEM THAT THE KIDS ARE STUPID AND BEHIND??? I always thought that education starts at home.
WAKE UP PEOPLE AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN KIDS. YOU HAD THEM, NOW EDUCATE THEM. I have 2 BS degrees, one in Electrical Engineering, and one in Mechanical Engineering, and I am proud to say that my kids enjoy learning, and are well advanced for their age. I have a 6th grader taking geometry and an 8th grader taking calculus. They are well ahead in their reading. Theeir English/writing skills are great. They are in the advanced classes in every subject. I would like to think this was because we took and read to the kids, taught them when they were young, and didn't use the television (tele for you across the pond) as a babysitter.
Wake up and take control of your childrens education, lord knows the school system will not!!!! Nor should they!!!
OK, got to go take my blood pressure pills now. I hate the fact that the problem with our society is blamed on everyone else except the parents. It starts at home people, take responsibility and stop blaming everyelse!!!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Amen! Preach it brother!

I hear ya! I teach pre-engineering and architecture, science, web-mastery, computer technology and just general common sense!

See my last post...

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

cobenson wrote:
(tele for you across the pond)

In the UK they call it the "Box":waving:

Here in Ireland we call it the "TELLY":D:D:D'cause Box isthe Irish slang name for the female genitalia :shock::shock::shock:

Oh yea,:? as this thead is about Sea Foam:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:..........it's not available this side of the pond.:X:action: :leprechaun:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.