Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
imported post

I think most of you missed Sarges point, there are lots of different things that can be added to fuel, but the TCW-3 2stroke oil gives you the most bang for the buck. Almost everyone that has tried it in the recommended ratio has had positive results. If it helps my engine run better longer than its worth giving it a try..... soooo don't knock it til you try it... will let you know... I burn about a tank every couple of days so it will not take me long to see if there is any real difference, and its cheap if it works... if it doesn't work then all I am out is a few oz. of 2 stroke oil..... will let you know.... as for the claims that it counters the effects of ethanol. the jury is still out on that one.... til later

capn

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
imported post

capn, I just added some of the TC-W3 2 stroke marine oil to my gas as the link pointed out at the start on this thread. It's cheap at 1 liter to 500 liters of gas!

Here's what I've noticed with the TC-W3 in only 1/2 an hour.

- while warming up at an idle, after only 1 minute I heard a noticeable change in top end noise.

- took it for a short high speed 120 km/h run. It was quieter than usual and at first heard both a slight high pitch and a low pitch noise that I think didn't pick up previously because of louder top end noises. Those two frequencies lessened after a few miles.

It's funny, my muffler seemed to have more of a growl but I'm guessing it only seemed louder because the engine noises have noticeable decreased.

I'm interested to see the results after a few tank fulls. The claims say cleaner plugs and improved gas mileage.

Has anyone else tried this 2 stroke oil and what are their results?

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
imported post

been useing 2 stoke oil in gas along time in my 79 1000 seemed like a no brainer no carb touble since. always carb trouble before.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
imported post

joedrum, does your 2 stroke oil have the TC-W3 classification? What ratio do you use - 1 to 500?

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

Unless tcw-3 oil is cheaper then marvel mystery oil, why not just use mmo??.,At least it claims it will do something for you. Outboard oil will just make your bike wanna go fishin.,,,

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
imported post

i didnt read the tcw3 thing i change the air induction on my 79 1000 and wanted to add some lube to the gas to counter act alchol and help lube top end 2 stoke oil is always around and been out there longer than i been around certainly couldnt hurt hurt like the new gas. i think it puts back what they took out. better idle,performence,no stombleling. bike has never run better.how much i just some on the amout of gas iget if it smokes id say thats to much

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
imported post

im not very sientific but inever put in so much that it ever smoked and itry to use it all the time but sometimes you just have to get gas i think im batting about .333 on that issue i think if i was useing something else my batting average would be way down on useing it.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
imported post

dburnash wrote:
Doing some research on seafoam before i pour it it to the tank I came across this on another site. Dont know if it is allowed to post a link to another forum here but this is a pretty damn good read. Guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about and has the data to back it up.Think I,ll toss the seafoam and make my wing a two stroker!! Ding Ding Ding ding

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91206
Take a look at the link, it is interesting. Very specific in the ratio of 1 to 500 and 2 stroke oil with the TC-W3 classification.

It is cheaper than MMO... maybe the first "M" in MMO is TC-W3.

Have only gone though a tank and a half but have noticed a major reduction in engine noise... has made me wonder about all the other new things I can now hear. I like it! The increase in gas mileage will be a bonus.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
imported post

Well eyeswideshut i read the thread this time you posted and after reading it i had to check what i was useing because we have boats and sure enough same stuff in my dumb ass way of doing things i march along foot step to foot step with that guy everthing he said is true my bike has never ran better. the racio is probably about the same i might have been alittle heavier at times im gonna try to improve my batting average.now that the facts line up.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
imported post

DaveO430is correct Autmatic tranny fluid has lubricants. And the math is correct 640 to 1 ratio.

Would be interesting to challenge Chong on the lub issue... But it still ramains a very interesting concept indeed. I appreciate the detail you guys look for in these claims that people make.

I will continue to research new ideals. Keep up the good work guys and don't let 'em go unchallenged !

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

I read this thread when it first started and was curious as to the results that anyone had that tried it.

I see one that say's it helps with top end noise but I haven't seen anyone getting better gas mileage.

Just looking for feedback.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
imported post

well after my bike was running alot better useing twostoke oil i did atrip from orlando fla to french lick indiana and back icheck the gas mileage it went 154 miles on 3.3 gals. but before i know iwas getting than 40 mpg 79 1000

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
imported post

First of all I will tell you my seafoam story. I have a 95 toyota previa van that has over 200,000 miles on her. Ater having a rough idle, under load miss and the check engine light on, I decided to try the seafoam trick. Light is out, no more miss under a load, but it still has a rough idle. Not saying for sure that it is cured but, it sure seems so to this point. I have started the two cycle in the old van just to see if it would help the rough idle issue. I will keep you posted on the pogress. Oh, I really do like the seafoam!

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

I tried this the other day and so far I really like how the bike sounds and is running. I had finished a tank of gas after the carb sync and really can tell the bike is running smoother so far. As far as mileage goes, I usually got around 200 miles before the lights started blinking and so far, I am at 145 miles and still the tank is sitting above 3/4 of a tank. Will let you know what it ends up doing after a couple more tanks are through it.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

Well, I was at Advance Auto just now and decided what the heck. At less than half the cost of Seafoam, I would give it a shot. I just filled up and will keep track, too.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
imported post

Well, the two cycle oil seemed to be working ok in the van'till my wife had an accident and totaled it!:?:?:?:?Well, I think it will be driveable but the engine will not stay running. I hope it is something simple like a vaccuume knocked loose or something. Man, I just filled up the tank with gas and added the two cycle. I will let 'yall Know the verdict when the mechanic calles me back. Oh, liability insurance works out great unless you are in an accident that is your fault! Lucky there was not another vehicle involved...... And, noone is hurt!!

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

I am averaging 42.5 mpg after the carb sync and the 2 stroke oil being added where I was getting only around 36 mpg. I have ran two tanks with the oil mixed in and I really like it so far. The engine just purrs down the road very smoothly, much so than before.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.