Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was so mad, last thing I wanted to do was to remove the carbs on my 84 Goldwing, bike was running o three cylinders.
So I read about someone here using SEAFOAM, so I thought ,what the hey, I tried it, and to my surpise, the bike runs better than it ever has,.
So before anone pulls the carbs or give up on your old dinosaur, hunk-o-junk . Rejuvenate it with SEAFOAM, I put a whole can in the tank. Run it, and let it soak. You will all be amaised. $6.44 at Wal-Mart.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
imported post

i have seen SeaFoam free up inoperative automotive injectors with the greatest of easy. I've used the stuff for years and love it!!!!!

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I Was sceptical at first, BUT sometimes, you have no choice but to pull the carbs. BUT NOT THIS TIME !!!!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,155 Posts
imported post

Howdy Armo;

Sure great to hear of your success. Glad it worked for you and saved a lot of hard work, time and bruised knuckles :)

You just earned permanent mention in the FAQ thread,
"Sea Foam Chronicles" :D

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Yes, it will not clear completely clogged jets because it can't get to the problem to do the work.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
imported post

I have looked around Boise Idaho and have not found it yet. Not even at Wal-Mart. Any other sugestions???

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Most any auto parts chain store carries it.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Tired Rider, have you checked out your auto stores? Like NAPA, Auto Source or some other auto store like them? These I know are up here in Canada which are usually American anyways. Hope this helps, and let us know. :waving: :)

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
imported post

Thanks Hawk, you nailed it. NAPA was the only place I hadn't tried yet. With my 1100 rebuild, I will probably need it...

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

Yes SF is good. I just used it on my cage. (Acura) The constant valve ticking went away. Car seems to more responsive. I used the brake vacuum line to suck it into the intake, let the car sit for 30 min, then started it and enjoyed the SMOKE SHOW. So thats the first thing I will do the the bird.

DISCLAIMER: If you do this to a older vehicle you havemay have years worth of carbon build up. Do it late at night. Some people FREAK when the whole block is filled with smoke.. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

the hole in the slow jets are so small, you have to find the tinest wire to go through them, if a wire cannot go through, then lace the jet over a fire, like the stove top burner and get it real hot, then the wire should be able to pass through.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Roy W wrote:
Nobody knows????????????????????????????????????????
They know. They just didn't want to give you the bad news.

Somebody had something else over there that was supposed to work well.

It's just that many of us don't respond to posters who withold their location information.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Roy W wrote:

It's just that many of us don't respond to posters who withold their location information.
DOH!

Moved house, deleted old locaion forgot to update new one! All done.....................

Roy

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Roy W wrote:
Rudy wrote:
Roy W wrote:

DOH!

Moved house, deleted old locaion forgot to update new one! All done.....................

Roy
Nice. Like I said someone recommended something over there. I think it was some type of fuel injector cleaner or something like that.

Just can't remember the brand name.

Hopefully that knowledgeable soul will see this and pop in with the answer for you.

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Most of the Zimbabwans are not in north Georgia, they are in west and south Atlanta!!!!

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

picasso wrote:
Most of the Zimbabwans are not in north Georgia, they are in west and south Atlanta!!!!
Yes they do that so their ministers don't have to travel all over to tell them how to vote. :cooldevil:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.