Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i have read a lot of opinions on seafoam and was thinking of trying some of it as a deterrent.
my 1100 starts and runs fine but was thinking of adding some seafoam to the gas and was wondering how much to add to a tank and what the benefits from regular use would be?

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:As stated on the Sea Foam container the recommended amount is 1 oz per gallon of fuel but if your GoldWing is running OK there really is no need to use it.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I think that you'll find searching for "seafoam" in the search box alot of posts about it.

Most people talk about using 3 or 4 ounces every few tanks as a general rule. If I remember right some talk about using a half a can for a hard cleaning, then using the normal dose recommended on the can.

I use it in my 1200I and love it. Occasionally I get a backfire, usually one dose of seafoam thru the bike clears it up.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

For normal use, 1 ounce per gallon of gas. To clean nasty carbs and fuel system, I've used a half a can to a tank. I would not use it for every tank, but as a preventative maintence item. I normally use a half of can about every 3 months to keep the fuel system clean.:)

Gene:waving:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,152 Posts
imported post

I agree on occassional use.

You will find a couple of threads about me using in a very high concentration, but that was on a bike that I had just purchased and it had sat for a year in high temps. The carbs were a mess and it was either dissolve the junk or overhaul the carbs.

I elected to go worst case. It worked. But as a PM, the recommended dose of about 1 oz per gallon should do just fine 2 or 3 times a year.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
imported post

Also if you have a Fuel injection Car.

What I do is Remove a Vacuum line and stick it in the can,
Suck enough seafoam to where engine nearly stalls then quickly remove so engine recovers. Repeat several times.

Then last time Kill the engine by leaving vacuum line in the can.

Turn off key after engine dies.

Let sit for 30 at least.

Re fire up vehicle, and Drive it around block.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.