Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Normally, I have always used Gumout with REGAIN.The REGAIN is the secret ingredient that makes it the best gas additive to cars and bikes. When I use it on my Valk (4 gallon tank) I used it over three tanks. With seafoam, do I put the whole bottle in on the 6 gallon tank on the wing?

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi dragoon there is a lot of posts on sea foam most guys use half a can on a full tank did you get your cb sorted

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yup, the TX was not comming on. So i wiggled some wires and could get it to come on. So, after some playing, i was able to tie wrap it such that it works fine. I will look at the wires when i get a chance.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

Dragoon wrote:
With seafoam, do I put the whole bottle in on the 6 gallon tank on the wing?
Well, I just bought some last week & read the directions...they recommend 1[suP]1[/suP]/[suB]2[/suB] oz. per quart of oil in the crankcase, and 1 oz. per gallon in the gas tank. :action:

Also, I see they have several other products out there, and I almost bought the wrong stuff for my application, as the cans are printed similarly...had I not noticed in time, I would have been adding their auto trans product to my wife's crankcase. :shock::3sum:

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

Dragoon wrote:
. With seafoam, do I put the whole bottle in on the 6 gallon tank on the wing?
:waving:The directions are on the Sea Foam container just follow what it says and you'll be OK.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

FenderHead wrote:
Dragoon wrote:
With seafoam, do I put the whole bottle in on the 6 gallon tank on the wing?
Well, I just bought some last week & read the directions...they recommend 1[suP]1[/suP]/[suB]2[/suB] oz. per quart of oil in the crankcase, and 1 oz. per gallon in the gas tank. :action:

Also, I see they have several other products out there, and I almost bought the wrong stuff for my application, as the cans are printed similarly...had I not noticed in time, I would have been adding their auto trans product to my wife's crankcase. :shock::3sum:
I don’t have my manuals with me, so where is the oil filler?

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

right side remove the battery cover then the carb cover filler and dip stick are just infront

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

I just put Seafoam in my gas tank yesterday. Since it's running fine I put 1oz/gallon [mostly for storage].

If I am cleaning out my fuel system & carbs, I put the entire can in, run it through the same day, refill the gas + change the oil & filters when I get home.

Every Spring, I put about a half can in the 90 day old oil, run it for about 50 miles & change the oil before it gets cold.

About the same routine for my last 5 bikes.

For both my4 wheels I useabout 0.5oz/galof Isopropylalcoholin thegas tankwith every fill up during sub-freezing weather. It's about 5x cheaper than the dry gas products.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,207 Posts
imported post

??? Isopropyl alcohol is mostly water ?

Methanol yes, Isopropyl? I wouldn't.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

isopropyl is used as a treatment in diesel engines for it's water displacing properties.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.