Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Rod 
#1 ·
imported post

hi just wondering how long should one leave seafoam in with the oil. i put some in the oil some in the gas and poured some striaght into the carbs. took her for 2 short run's and ildie for about an hour should i change the oil and the filter right now?

:baffled::baffled::clapper::baffled::baffled::clapper::baffled::baffled::clapper::baffled::baffled::clapper::baffled::clapper:

#2 ·
imported post

Most suggest ( I do it ) 100 - 200 miles & then change :action::action:

#3 ·
imported post

I small ride would only cover the internals . you want it to work its magic and loosen the gunk. I would ride the suggested milage of approx 200 miles.

Now i am ot sure nor have I heard if the miles have to be put on consecutively in one ride. I also remember many saying not to ride hard with the seafoam. Dont rev to the rev limiter since the oil will be thinned by the seafoam.

#5 ·
imported post

ok cool, should i put more in with the oil than recamended
i alway's think more is better? 1/3rd of can i think it say's. also i have it already in the gas i changed the oil last night but was think of adding more seafoam. tomorrow cause it's going to be awhile before i go for a long ride/........

#10 ·
imported post

I just put the stuff in the tank and oil as recommended, and then I just drove it normal. For me, that was 38 miles each day to work and back. Over the course of a few weeks, it did a lot of good.

You don't need to wait until you drive it all out in one trip. I think that being warmed up, and length of time to dissolve the junk is where it works best.

JMO....

The oil gets dirty real quick once it is warmed up good. You want to change the oil every 200 miles or so until the oil coming out stays pretty clean.

#11 ·
imported post

i ran the bike yesterday for about an hour<<new oil>>added
about 1/3 can of seafoam the rest went to gas tank and droped some in the carb's, changed the oil last night it was dirty. put new oil in. didn't change the filter yet
going to run more sea foam then give her <<IT>> another oil change and filter, that should do it.

#14 ·
imported post

Good Lord your filter has taken ALL the crap you loosened out of your engine..... YOU want to leave it IN THERE with the filter.......... .. a filter is 4-7$$$$$ GET RID OF IT !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.