Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

after reading about this stuff , was woundering if we can get ahold of it here in europe ? sounds like a wonder cure for just about everything that has to do with carbs , tank and fuel lines .

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,197 Posts

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
imported post

It is very expensive in EU.

Better to find a good alternative.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,197 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Not easily, although someone has been getting it there somehow.

I forget who now.

There are a few alternatives that accomplish much the same thing

http://www.dipetane.ie/MotorFactorShops.aspx

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/news/bg-44k-for-petrol/30/

http://mystarbrite.com/startron/content/view/35/47
on this link, go to the Contacts TAB and then to International distributors

That link in the middle for the BG44K, is really good stuff...I use it, like in my daughters bigFord SUV (Excursion, I think), as it only gets used about once a year, and the injectors start acting up to where it won't idle. I also use it for my '87 Mercury 80 hp outboard, which mostly sits in storage, and won't idle when I need it to. I love the stuff.

It does retail for about $22.00/$24.00 for an 11 oz. can, but I just bought 4 cans from eBay for less than $12.00/can shipped. BG Industries has UK outlets, I'm pretty sure.

While I do have and use the Sea Foam, I think the BG44K is faster-working. It just seems like a switch is flipped when the stuff kicks in, usually within minutes after you think it should have reached the cylinders by now. :waving:

Unlike SeaFoam, it is not recommended for the crankcase...they have another product for that, called MOA or something. Haven't tried that.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

Dipetane is popular here and not very expensive. It does a great job getting cars through the MOT.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

miroku800 wrote:
Don't know if his is the same stuff but I am sure one of our american cousins could tell us

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SeaFoam-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a132a04a1
I thought the sea foam that everyone raves about was an oil additive, this one seems to be a fuel additive.
Like others I#'d love to get some to give the engine a spring clean just wary of trying uk brands that are not tried and tested on wings.
Maybe we could band together and get a bulk order in somewhere?

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

Forgot to mention. i did do a redex treatments which I used to use on my old cars.
Could have been a coincidence but ended up with a ton of c%&p in the fuel filter.
Now just super wary

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,197 Posts
imported post

Sea Foam is designed as a fuel cleaner, originally for marine engines that set for months w/o use. Carbs gunk up, the Sea Foam attacks the varnishes and dissolves them.

The same stuff is approved for use in the crankcase oil, and does the same job there. It dissolves the varnishes/shellac and suspends it in the oil.

When you drain the oil out, it will be blacker than any black oil you've seen before.

When I first got my '94SE I had to do the crankcase treatment twice to get the oil to drain out clean. A new filter each time. After that, because it was a daily driver, it stayed clean.

All this reminds me, time to go ride a bike, it is only 111* outside now.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Have been an avid user of Seafoam but have recently switched to 2 stroke Marine/outboard oil with the TC-W3 rating. Does the same thing for a fraction of the cost and is widely available.

Here's a write-up on the stuff:

TC-W3 as Fuel Additive

Some others on this Forum have also started using it, with Chromo finding some very good results (see post #17 & 22):

2 stroke oil as fuel additive

Might be just the thing for those who don't have access to Seafoam or find it too expensive.

For those determined to have Seafoam, Rudy has a recipe for homemade Seafoam:

Rudy's Homemade Seafoam Recipe

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
imported post

That first link is for a shower from Home Hardware. Well, I guess you could clean your carbs in there.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

Cheers btw I contacted sea foam and heres their reply for all us this side of the pond

Boris

Sorry to say that Sea Foam is only available in the US and Canada at this time. Sea Foam cannot sell direct and ship overseas.

Jim Davis
Sea Foam Sales Co.
Technical Service Manager
ASE Certified Automotive Technician

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.