Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone used Seal Mate fork seal tool does it work to restore fork seals from leaking your advise is welcome. If it will keep me from replacing them and pulling the front end a part.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

f you've got contamination in there -- yes -- the seal mate is a reasonable tool -- I actually prefer using some 35mm negatives or a thin 'blade' fashioned from mylar... Cost is onr part of the equation, and the tools are easily damaged, so I find myself less worried about damaging tools made from "scraps" :p

Very handy if you're riding dirt/dusty roads and/or have compromised dust boots on the forks.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I saw it on youtube and just wondered I have the new seals but have been real sick and had several surgeries just resent so pulling the seals right now is in my best interest.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
imported post

Another member did a full size template of it on this forum.
I made one and tried it and IT WORKED :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I just got a idea would a venetian blind work they are already curved and all you would have to do is trim and shape it to look like the seal mate?

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
imported post

You get 2 of them for $8 now. It wasn't worth it to me to try to build one. The only 35mm film I had was old and pretty brittle. I actually tore the first one I made and had to dig it out with needle nosed pliers. If that had broken below the seal surface I'd have been screwed.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I am taking all this info in like I said is I do have the new seals but had surgery two weeks ago and still very sore and it really messes up my bike riding.It stinks take care and thanks for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.