Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Will a sealed battery be okay for my GL1100, or do I have to use the traditional wet & leaky type?

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

A sealed battery will be fine, if you can get one with the proper amp rating that actually fits the cradle.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
imported post

I have an 83 GL1100 and I went with the odyssey battery. It is a zero maintenance battery and has no liquid in it. I did not have to charge it and it was almost at 12.9 volts out of the box.

I got it from an ebay seller. Let me know if you need more info.

I am not going back to a liquid acid bettery again.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger 1984: Where can we find one of these batteries? Are they readily available through a major chain such as Canadian Tire et al?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
imported post

Check out ebay and type in odyssey battery. That's where I found mine. I am very satisfied with it.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Many bikes come with sealed batteries when new. A problem with batteries now is that many manufacturers won't ship them empty (ie the acid comes seperately and the bike shop puts it into the battery) for safety reasons so by the time you get the bike that battery may have been filled6 months previously. This of course means the owner of the new bike will get 6 months less life from the battery.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
imported post

The odyysey battery does not have liquid acid in it so 6 months sitting on the shelf is not a concern. I think that battery comes with a 3 year warranty.

You don't even need to trickle charge it over the winter.

I hope that helps..

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

Don't forget another advantage of a sealed battery is no acid or acid vapour getting on the bike and corroding everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.